How to teach my son getting his pants up and down by himself?

My son is 23 months old and he is totally potty trained and he uses the restroom when he has to pee. He won,t pee in his diaper even in sleep. He is perfectly trained. But I have a weird problem. He doesn't,t know to pull his pants up or down. Now I am worried how would he manage in day care which we are planning to send him in next few months because he won,t allow anybody except me to pull his pants nor will he pee in his diaper. He holds himself for hours if you don,t take him to the restroom. I have though started training him to do that by himself but I am worried.

Favorite Answer

Do you do pull ups or just big boy underwear? You can show him how. Place his hands on the tops of his pants (with your hands on his), and guide him. Do the same for pulling up. He'll get the hang of it.

Lucky you your son is potty trained! Mine is going on 3 and a half and STILL won't use the potty.

• ?

Give him some big boy underwear.

Teach him to pull his pants down and up.