Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Need serious windows 7 help...critical error 1 min till restart?

Srry for bad typing...Have to make this brief had avg, sucked removed it, installed securuty essintials(mse) restarted computer to finish avg was still there so was mse. Mse said it discover a virus needs to restert to clean... ok after that everytime windoss starts it quickly says windows critical error restarting in 1 min.... please help asap, I don't want to reinstall windows... avg will not leave computer uninstallrd it 3 times

Update:

Thanks for trying to help guys,

Computer Seems to be working now, I got the option to repair-system restored it too before I uninstalled AVG and installed MSE, (Had to try dif system restores as some failed)

MSE is now gone, still have Stupid AVG...... But I will make sure its completely off before getting a new one....

Safe mode, Safe mode with CMD, Safe mode with networking all had the same critical error problem and crashed after a min,

CMD: shutdown -a

Did not work ether...

AVG is garbage, No One Download it... Slows down your computer and you cant get rid of it....

Update 2:

Worked with no anti virus, Downloaded MSE, Critical error came back...

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your problem may have been caused because of conflicts between AVG and MSE.

Try this:

Firstly, boot your computer to the Safe Mode menu screen. You do this by repeatedly pressing F8 as soon as you boot up. Once there, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking. Continue to boot from there, by pressing Enter. You will now see some drivers being loaded. There will be a pause at some point. This usually lasts for no more than 30 seconds.

Once at your desktop, try again to uninstall AVG. Personally, I'd also uninstall MSE, and instead download the free version of Avast Antivirus, but the choice is yours:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Hope this helps.

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

So you can not get into your computer now normally? If you still can uninstall MSE and go to the link below and use the AVG Uninstaller. Then try reinstalling MSE. If you can not get in normally try in Safe Mode. Unsure if you can install, uninstall programs, or use the AVG Uninstaller but I figure you will have to try. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

http://www.mytechguide.org/7871/how-to-completely-...

• Edwin
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

AVG may still be running essential services in the background, you may have to find them and disable/delete them. If it was uninstalled using it's own 'uninstall tool' it should remove itself.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.