What Are The Benefits Of Drinking Chicken Broth?

I have low-blood pressure so the sodium in broth is a good thing for me because I need the salt but what are any other benefits of drinking chicken broth...or any broth for that matter?

Favorite Answer

People with high blood pressure are often put on low salt diets to lower blood pressure. If your blood pressure is too low it makes good sense that adding salt to your diet will help raise your blood pressure. The Mayo Clinic suggests adding natural forms of salt such as soy sauce or dry soups as they have a large amount of sodium. It is best to talk with your health provider before you get ambitious with the salt shaker or other high sodium foods.

Read more: Foods for Low Blood Pressure | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5389875_foods-low-blood-...

I would prefer to see your intake of salt otherways.

Read salt levels on the nutrition panels as many foods are quite hi, and in most cases the lwer are the better

Hman