Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

How many of you are going to attend one of Obamas food stamp parties?

While spending on the food stamp program has increased 100 percent under President Barack Obama, the government continues to push more Americans to enroll in the welfare program.

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) has embraced entire promotional campaigns designed to encourage eligible Americans to participate in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or food stamps.

A pamphlet currently posted at the USDA website encourages local SNAP offices to throw parties as one way to get potentially eligible seniors to enroll in the program.

“Throw a Great Party. Host social events where people mix and mingle,” the agency advises. “Make it fun by having activities, games, food, and entertainment, and provide information about SNAP. Putting SNAP information in a game format like BINGO, crossword puzzles, or even a ‘true/false’ quiz is fun and helps get your message across in a memorable way.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/27/usda-suggests-fo...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'll support the Obama party

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Emma
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

"...one way to get potentially eligible seniors to enroll in the program."

These program "events" are suggested to help encourage eligible senior citizens that may be of the mindset that assistance is something shameful, even if they are having difficulty affording food. Taking the stigma away helps our struggling seniors live healthier.

• Andy F
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Maybe it would be better to attend a Tea Party "let them eat cake party," in which the poor & unemployed are left to starve.

Because that's what Tea Party and GOP attacks on "welfare cheaters" and "excessive government spending" really amount to, isn't?

A proposal to let the poor and unemployed die, before the billionaires have to pay one extra dollar in taxes to keep the destitute alive?

• 8 years ago

I'm not unfortunate enough to need food, but if I were, I'd go. Now, how many people would you like to starve instead of being "moochers" as you call them? I suppose cat food is a good substitute for human food. Maybe you could hand it out on street corners.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • He he having a foodstamp party?

• 8 years ago

a stomp obama party? i'm there!

oh wait.....stamp. never mind

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.