Pokemon Soul SIlver IV Breeding help?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but lets say for example I have a parent pokemon with 27 IV in att and another parent pokemon with 31 IV in defense, and I were to breed them, wouldn't that mean the baby pokemon would be unable to get 31 IV in attack because it would copy the parent pokemon with the 27 attack IV?

I am basically wondering how breeding will improve your baby pokemons IV if it copys the parent pokemons. By copying, you are not getting higher IVs, just the same.

Right now I am currently after a Mischievous Misdreavus. The parents I am using to breed have the characteristic "Somewhat Vain"(ehh special def is ok for it) and the other has ``Very Finicky``(third highest SP attack characteristic) and I don`t understand how breeding will give my pokemon a higher characteristic than ``very finicky``.

Thanks to anyone that can enlighten me.

Best Answer

you get random ivs from each parent. 3 from each of course. if you use a power item you can put one a parent and it will always inherent that specific iv

the suitable IV of the stat might take delivery of to the offspring. The IV replaced into 29? The offspring gets an IV of 29 in that comparable stat. The IV replaced into 3? The offspring gets an IV of three in that stat. the means products won't strengthen any IVs.