Is there a club out there for me?

Wanted...an honest, trustworthy and well run club to satisfy a loyal, long-time football supporter whose club has fallen foul to a tax-dodging crook of an owner and several other self-serving shysters, along with those with an axe to grind, all of whose actions have all but wiped his beloved team off the football map. The requirements of the applicant club are simple.

1. Plays in a recognised professional league in the UK or Europe.

2. Is ambitious within it's means.

3. Is run by a well-established, exemplary committee of sound reputation.

The league status of this club is immaterial providing it has shown itself as being hardworking, competitive at all times and backed by a solid core of faithful and fair-minded fans.

Scottish clubs need not apply.

Favorite Answer

Hmm... I'm not a PL expert, but what about Newcastle. Very ambitious with plenty of talent in their squad. Nearly made the champions league and play some great football at times. Beat Man U 3-0 and Chelsea 2-0, and they have pretty respectable management, as well as exceptional scouting. Got great players like Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, and Cabaye without breaking bank.

I know you are talking about Rangers Greg and I sympathise with your feelings. But I have always supported the 'Gers and will continue to do so as long as they are in existence regardless of what shape or form.

It's tragic that people like Craig Whyte and the directors who made the incredulous decisions to withhold money from HMRC and the other underhanded tricks that have landed the club in such a mess will be allowed to walk away Scot-free while those left, face humiliation, despair and the demise of Rangers FC as we know it. But punishment is necessary if for no other reason than to show that no club is above the law regardless of who they are or who is to blame and I accept that. What I find difficult to deal with, apart from the what I think of Whyte and his cohorts, is how so many folk are 'putting the boot in' based on past prejudices, bias and conceived injustices. But I take solace in the fact that this should be expected for a club as successful as Rangers have been in Scotland and is merely human nature at it's worst.

However, like Phoenix, I have no doubt the Ibrox club will rise from the ashes and be all the better for it, even if only to serve notice that the boardrooms of their rivals in Scotland will be under the most intense of scrutiny for many years to come.

God Bless Rangers. (And if you consider that politically incorrect....let me quote some of my peers....GIRUY!!).

Try Shamrock Rovers and London Boys, they're going places.