Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 8 years ago

why are women not called sexist when they prefer a woman doctor or nurse or anything?

yet men are if they prefer male doctors nurse ect?

Update:

TBB don't be rude

Update 2:

that's a good idea K but a lot of women call men man haters for only choosing men as doctors

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Well in the case of doctors someone your own gender is better because you can be more open about your problems because they have had them in the past.

• 8 years ago

There are commonly believed myths that men aren't modest and/or don't desire same sex intimate care like many women do. Those who call a man sexist think it's discrimination. Imagine if men had such attitudes. Hey, I'm discriminated against because I can't use the ladies room simply because of my gender!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I've never been called sexist when asking for a male doctor. In fact, my doctor's office asks if we have a preference.

• Love!
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Women are more modest. It's not a matter of feeling the doctor or nurse is incompetent (which may be what is perceived when a man says he doesn't want a woman doctor/nurse).

Source(s): RN
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ryou
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Men aren't.

Those in the medical profession want you to be as comfortable and content as possible and those who aren't don't give a flying fvck who your doctor is.

• 8 years ago

You can state your preference at my surgery.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.