Joy A asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 8 years ago

Why isn't my Yahoo Avatar being displayed on the questions and answers boards?

My Yahoo Avatar isn't being displayed by my name when I answer a question-- only a generic smily face. I would like a staff member to answer this, please.

Favorite Answer

hahaha ! " Joy A " , i just checked youre answer and saw what you mean coz theresa " shadowy " avator in the answer instead of the picture that displays when you ask a question ! so it appears that youre avator is only displaying when you ask questions !

it takes a few minutes even for my avator to show on questions ive answered ! to contact yahoo answers directly , go to " y_answrs_team@yahoo.com " as i havent figured out how to add the link yet to my answers !

Hi joy A, first yahoo staff will not often answer on here. Fairly rare that they comment on the suggestion board now. This is just another glitch which many of us have. Mine is the same and my name turns into a ? much of the time. I suppose we are lucky as many do not have an avatar even on the answers page.

• SOT3

Your avatar is appearing when I look at this question. The grey face happens when there is a slow internet connection, lots of server traffic, or it just doesn't load. All you can do is be patient or try refreshing the page.