What happens if i quit going to gym?

I hv decided to join gym, but people hv told me that if i quit i will gain weight. Is this true? if yes, what can i do to avoid it and maintain my fitness?

I hv decided to join gym for only 6 months, then quit and do workout from home. How effective will that be?

Favorite Answer

It is unlikely that if you continue with regular home exercise that you will loose any muscle, you will simply maintain it and therefore just won't get any bigger.

As for the body fat, that probably won't be affected either. Body fat really comes down to how much you eat above anything else, so if you control your portion sizes then you will be fine.

• Diana

Yes, join the gym. but why on earth would you want to quit after 3 or 4 months?? If you trying to look hot, you need to continue to go for a lifetime! You will feel so good after going to the gym your not even going to want to stop. Why do u think guys who go to the gym are so addicted? It makes you feel amazing, and look amazing, and you get lots of attention from girls. Quitting before your results really start to show would be stupid, and the muscle you work hard for will turn to flub. uh.. i think you know the right idea now.. :)

• Dennis

it will be great for the 6 months you go. Working out at the gym will help you to burn fat and build muscle in its place. What people are saying is that if you go to the gym and build up all this muscle it could all be ruined if you do not maintain it and go to the gym all the time. It is called reversibility.

Not necessarily but if you go for a long time and become built or toned and then just quit going. For months or years without any significant form of excercise you will probably lose muscle tone and definition. I remember one summer I played football almost every day and I got really fast and then I stopped running for about a year and now I can barely keep up with a 40 year old man with heart problems. I got out of shape because of my inactivity.

Not true, if you stop working out you will gain weight.

Anyone can quit a gym and still be fit. Just don't go back to your bad habits.

if you join the gym and continue exercising

you will maintain your fitness

if you quit the gym and continue exercising

you will maintain your fitness

it doesn't have to do with the gym itself

it has to do with your exercise

if you quit going to the gym

then you most likely will stop exercising

in this case

you will gain weight

Don't join, look into the insanity workouts.

don't stop going hons if you really really need the esxcerise.