Top 5 'Big Threes' of all time?
And legit big threes, ones that actually won a championship.
- LOBBINLv 58 years agoFavorite Answer
1. Celtics BIG 3 -- Garnett, Pierce, Allen
2. Celtics 86' BIG 3 Bird, Parish, Mchale
3. Celtics 86' BIG 3 (see 2)
4. Celtics 86' BIG 3 (see 3)
5. Celtics 86' BIG 3 (see 4)
We started the "BIG 3" name. Miami and the media ripped off
- 8 years ago
ESPN Top 10 Big 3 of All Time
10. 1968-1969 Los Angeles Lakers (Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor)
9. 1970-1971 Milwaukee Bucks (Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Oscar Robertson, Bobby Dandridge)
8. 1986-1987 Boston Celtics (Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parish)
7. 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Toni Kukoc)
6. 1996-1997 Utah Jazz (Karl Malone, John Stocton, Jeff Hornacek)
5. 2011-2012 Oklahoma City Thunder (Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden)
4. 1971-1972 Los Angeles Lakers (Jerry West, Wilt Chamberlain, Gail Goodrich)
3. 2004-2005 Phoenix Suns (Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire, Shawn Marion)
2. 2010-2011 Miami Heat (LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh)
1. 1991-1992 Chicago Bulls (Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant)
I don't agree with number 3 and number 2. The 2004-2005 Suns never really accomplished anything. The 2011-2012 Miami Heat should have been number 2 instead of the 2010-2011 because this year they got it done. Also, the Thunder should not be on here b/c it's too early to judge them.
Plus, where the hell is the Celtics Big Three? This list makes no sense.
- Anonymous8 years ago
These arent in order:
LeBron, D-Wade, Bosh (current heat)
Jordan, Pippen, Rodman (late 90s bulls)
Pierce, Allen, Garnett (08 Celtics)
Magic, Kareem, Worthy (80s lakers)
West, Chamblerlain, Baylor (60s and 70s lakers)
Kobe, Gasol, Bynum (current lakers)
Bird, McHale, Parish (80s Celtics)
Russell, Jones (KC), Havlicek (60s Celtics)
- gold man 92Lv 48 years ago
How many "Big Three's" actually won a championship?
1. Spurs (Manu, Parker and Duncan)
2. Celtics (Pierce, Allen, Garnett) -
3. Miami (Lebron, Wade, Bosh)
4. OKC (Durant, Harden, Westbrook)
5. Mavs (Nash, Dirk, Finley)
Honestly, I'm too young to remember any other "official" big threes. I could throw Jordan, Pipen and Rodman in there. There's also Stockton, Malone and Hornacek. So difficult question, but the Spurs by far had the best big three. Number 4 may be a great trio in the future and #1 and #2 are aging. #5 doesn't exist anymore.Source(s): Utah Jazz Fan
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
1. Bird-Mchale-Parish (though the whole team was stacked)
I put the Heat's big 3 at 5 because as great as they are, they wouldn't stand a chance with the other Big 3's in their prime, plus they have the least championships so far out of the 5
- Eddie HLv 78 years ago
- SteakneggsLv 68 years ago