how old do you have to be to have a tattoo in Belgium?

im thinking about going on holiday to belgium and was wondering how old you have to be to get a tattoo over there.

Favorite Answer

I couldn't find it. It looks like the people who run this site could find this information for you. Shoot them an e-mail.

I'm pretty sure it's something low, like 14 with parental consent. I heard a similar age stated for the Netherlands recently. Your best bet is to email a couple of studios.

However, just because it's legal, doesn't mean tattoo studios are obliged to tattoo someone of that age, they're free to set their own minimum age and a lot of places will simply not tattoo anyone under the age of 18.

Here in the USA, you have to be 18 to legally get one without parental consent. If you have parental consent (they have to be with you to witness it and sign consent forms) then you're allowed to under 18. I don't know if Belgium is the same or different, so I'd call local places and ask them.

Any age, but if you are under 18, you need a parent to come with you, either way, you are aloud to get a tattoo.