Good brands for a lap steel guitar?

My boyfriend has an Alabama and it's great. But I'd like to try something else.

Any suggestions?

• mars
    Favorite Answer

I've tried 'Alabama' folk-instruments, like their Banjo and Banjitar; and found they were fairly low-quality. I'm not a Lap-steel player, but I'd second the "Asher" brand recommendation. They sell for $675 (at 'musiciansfriend.com'). This site also sells 'Rogue', 'Recording King', and 'Mahalo' Lap-Steel guitars for $100-$250. They also have a few Double-neck Lap-steels./ 'Zzounds.com' has that Gretsch "5715" Lap-steel for $350, and it sure is purdy (Black sparkle or Tobacco SB finish). Even groovier is Peavey's new "Powerslide" Lap-steel guitar -$200- (in Black, White, or Burgandy).

Source(s): Musiciansfriend.com, Zzounds.com

Steel Guitar Brands

I know that Gretsch has offers at least one lap steel, but I'm not sure how it is. I've also heard of lap steels by a brand called Asher. I've never even had the chance to play a lap steel at all though, so I can't say how that brand is either for lap steels.

a expense price.