Anime recommendations?

I am looking for some new animes to watch and im stuck! I have watched:

-Kyo Kara Maoh!

-Scrapped Princess

-Black Cat

-DN Angel

-Shakugan no Shana

and if you count it as an anime,

-Avatar (both last airbender and legend of korra)

I'm not interested in any of the super popular ones like bleach, fruits basket, naruto, etc.

and it would also be nice if it was over one season, but it doesnt have to be! Subbed would also be great! Thanks! :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

For Kyo Kara Maoh! and Shakugan no Shana try-

Zero no Tsukaima(13 ep)

theres 4 seasons and i think 2 ovas and its my favorite anime. if you liked Kyo Kara Maoh! its kind of similar because both have a person from a strange world and some comedy/romance.the female protagonists in Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima are very similar so im sure you'll probably also injoy Zero no Tsukaima. :)

In a world where magic is a reality, the young Louise is at the bottom of her class. Dubbed "Zero" by her classmates at Tristein Academy (due to her zero success rate for magic), Louise (along with all first year students) was charged with summoning a familiar; and instead of a cute magical creature, the familiar arrived in the form of... Saito Hiraga, a normal Japanese boy who was abruptly teleported from his own world?! Can both Louise and Saito come to terms with their new and complicated "relationship" and (more importantly) help Saito find a way home?

Kaze no stigma(24 ep)1 season

You might enjoy Kaze no stigma since in Shakugan no Shana theres like alot of fire magic and if you want more try watching kaze no stigma.(theres like alot of element magic there) and both female leads are hot headed and both wield a sword of some type. Its kind of like avatar where some people can wield the elements but in this anime i only see people wield fire, earth, and air.Unfortuantly no water :(

Years after having been exiled from the Kannagi household for being unable to utilize their fire magic, Kazuma returns to Japan, only to discover that the Kannagi family's very existence is threatened. Unknown to them, during his absence, he had become a Contractor and thus acquired a vast strength in wind magic. Not showing any remaining contempt for them, he offers to help solve the Kannagi household’s problems in return for large sums of money. Together with his younger brother Ren and the feisty heir to the Kannagi household, Ayano, he fights to protect those he cares about... for a price!

For Black Cat and Dn Angel try-

Get Backers(49 ep)1 season

in the anime theres alot of action and the getbackers a 2 people team that helps people retrieve stuff. They also have some special powers like one of team members can wield electricity. some of there enemys turns into friends and help them etc...

Ban Midou and Ginji Amano are the Get Backers. With a 99 percent success rate in returning lost or stolen property to its original owners, they will do anything for the right price. Midou and Ginji often get hired for seemingly ordinary jobs that turn out to be more difficult than they appear; and whether it’s finding a doll for a girl, retrieving a stolen rare violin or getting mixed up with the mob, they have many adventures with plenty of petty squabbles along the way!

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne(44 eps total)2seasons its a bit old (1999)

if you like theives then you should also watch this anime cause its about this girl who turns into a thieve at night and seal demons to gain power for god and theres also some romance in the story about the main character falling in love with her rival another thieve. Theres like always action at almost every single episode.

In the Middle Ages, a woman named Jeanne D'Arc claimed to hear God's voice. She led a lonely life and was burned at the stake, despite being the voice to lead France to victory in the Hundred Years War. In today's world, she is reincarnated as Maron Kusakabe, a girl whose mission is to prevent demons from stealing people's hearts. To do this, she must steal any artifact that they possess. Her best friend, Miyako, is a detective looking for the thief, without a clue that she's right under her nose. Will Maron be able to save the world from destruction, or will she be caught red-handed by her friend?

For scrapped princess try-

Twelve Kingdoms(45 ep) 1 season

Both include fantasy and i just recommend you watch it, its pretty good but you might not like the first few episodes cause the main character(which is a female) is pretty annoying but trust me she gets more serious.

Yohko is nothing but ordinary. Throughout her life she has been considered an outcast, especially with a hair color not native to many in Japan, bright red. Things change for Yohko when a mysterious man named Keiki arrives and claims that she is his empress. Yohko and two friends are then taken through a vortex, and then abandoned.. in a world of demons and magic.

Also try darker than black(25 ep 2 season), toradora!(25ep), and kaitou saint tales(43 ep)(very much like kaitou Jeanne) sorry my answers were too long so i can't really give you why i recommend you watch these 3 animes also. :(

Hope this helped :)

Source(s): anime-planet
  • 8 years ago

I recommend watching Fushigi Yuugi it has that similar Romance, Drama, Adventure type thing like Kyo Kara Maoh!, DN Angel, Shakugan no Shana and Avatar. This anime also has OVAs extended from the main storyline. I think you'll enjoy watching it.

Also try:

Ayashi no Ceres

Saiunkoku Monogatari (has two seasons)

Skip Beat!

Maid Sama!

Special A

H2O Footprints in the Sand (Dramatic Anime and Short 12 or so episodes)

Itazura na Kiss

Kimi ni Todoke (has two seasons)

Nabari no Ou

Source(s): I think that these animes will suit your taste quite well. Hope you find them enjoyable to watch XD
  • 8 years ago

Elfen Lied(Very gory and contains some nudity) is a must! That is my favorite so far. Too bad it's only one season. But go on Myanimelist.net. If you search and click on an anime you've already watched you can go to the recommendations for it. That will give you anime series that are very similar to it. Hope I helped.

• 8 years ago

Go watch some japanese anime, watch Soul eater, or some Dragon ball

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

You should give 'Gurren Lagann' a try it's really cool. :)

Source(s): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELRI11ihSAZjI... -Free episodes enjoy. :)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.