How is this effect done?

I found this in Flickr and would like to know how it is done. I'm talking about the "flashing", like in the windows, where it is overexposed near the edges. Also, blown out, around the heads of the people.

1 Answer

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's haloing caused by a really bad attempt at HDR imaging. If you really want that effect (and it's generally not considered something good) try tonemapping your image (using software such a Photomatrix) and pushing the options sliders towards the extreme end.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.