What are the different levels in fencing? [10 points for best answer]?

I know that in different martial arts they have belts from white to black. I was wondering what the fencing equivalent of this would be?

Thanks.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Depends on what style of fencing you are asking about? In Japanese styles such as Shinkendo, Yagyu Shinkage Ryu, and Kendo they use the kyu and dan system. This ranking system is symbolic of the feudal days of the Samurai. Usually a Samurai would begin training in kenjutsu/battojutsu around 7 or 8 years old and would usually be ready for combat on the battlefield around 15.

9th-2nd Kyu ranking (White Belt) represents a person that is learning how to use the sword in combat but is not ready for battle. 1st Kyu (Black Belt) represents a person that now is capable of fighting on the battlefield and is the rank a warrior during the feudal era would have to achieve to be called a Samurai. The Dan ranking is the first rank a person is allowed to wear a Hakama http://www.westlord.com/aikido-hakama/ pants that kind of looks like a skirt. The dan ranking represents a Sensei (teacher/instructor) of the sword system.

German swordsmanship uses this ranking system: http://www.memag.net/ranks.html

Source(s): 2nd kyu Aikido 2nd kyu Yagyu Shinkage Ryu 4th kyu Shinkendo
  • 3 years ago

I travelled with stallions and mares on the showjumping circuit. They went in separate horse containers. The stables the place they have been saved have been mares on one backyard, stallions on the different and geldings on the different. The stallions have been properly dealt with and have been given no possibility to misbehave amid the mares and that they knew their interest. They have been all schooled mutually nevertheless under no circumstances went on the horse walker mutually. some have been notably loopy, others have been quiet and laid back. The stallion guy could in user-friendly terms come on the stallion backyard while they have been being amassed to cover a mare. The stallion guy could call to the stallion he replace into going to take, and that horse could start to get worked up and the stallion additionally knew that as quickly as an anti-rearing bit replace into introduced to him, he knew what replace into going be happening. They have been somewhat noisy while they got here back yet after approximately an hour they have been back to their popular selves. I keep in mind one that is so laid back you need to think of that he replace into drugged, which of direction he replace into no longer, yet take him to cover a mare and he replace into shouting the possibilities and on his ft. Stallions comprehend their interest before they're taken out onto the circuit and are properly disciplined with the aid of fact their handlers comprehend them and could no longer stand for any stupid behaviour. We did lose one stallion who proceeded to leap the fences onto the subsequent farm and alter into discovered masking a mare in a paddock. i do no longer understand the end result as i replace into no longer there long sufficient, yet there replace into fairly some strife! there's a rule that no person below the age of 18 is permitted to handle a stallion at a coach.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

G@y, g@yer, and g@yest are the levels

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.