Can Jewish person eat halal meat?

Muslim are allowed to eat Kosher meat. I wondering if people belonging to the Jewish faith are allowed eat Halal meat.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

No, the requirements for kosher slaughter are far stricter than in Halaal slaughter. teh knife used in Kosher slaughter is sharper and generally larger than that in halaal slaughter to comply with the sricter standards. teh cut has to be made in one continuous motion in Kosehr slaughter, not in Halaal slaughter. In Kosher, the hind quarters of animals are not considered kosher unless certain veins are removed intact (very rarely done as it is a difficult and lengthy procedure and makes this meat very expensive), the same doe snto apply to Halaal meat. Even if an animal is slaughtered correctly, there are 18 specific defects that are checked for that render the animal a "treifah" and thus unkosher. Halaal slaughter doe snot check for these defects.

Due to these differences Halaal slaughter does nto meet Kosher standards and thus cannot be eaten byt hose who keep kosher

Source(s): Orthodox Jew; Reverend; Torah; Talmud masechta Chullin; Shulkan Aruch hilchot Issur v'Heter
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Sure Moroccans eat halal meat. In Morocco I would think meat is mostly halal. As for Moroccans living abroad, some eat strictly halal meat while others don't. In major cities in the US one shouldn't have a hard time finding halal meat and even restaurants serving halal meat, but I would think in smaller cities without a big Muslim population such offer doesn't exist.

• 8 years ago

A Jew could only eat halal meat if it was slaughtered and prepared according to Jewish law.

• Jerry
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

it depends on what you mean by "allowed". By Torah - likely yes they could. By rabbinic law that also requires special rabbinic action and blessings the answer is no. So a Jew committed to following rabbinic kosher law could not, but a Jew following Torah kosher law most likely could - so long as the animal fits within the allowed Torah list and has had its blood drained.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kevin7
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

If it is also considered also kosher,the answer is yes. The Sage is right

• Art
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No, the Rabi has to slaughter the cattle himself other wise it's not Kosher and even then olny the fronts are Kosher, the hinds aren't. There are blessing involved in the slaughter.

Most jewish people I know eat pork chops and bacon and if they do eat Kosher it's only on religious occasions.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The requirements for kosher are more strict than the requirements for halal. All kosher meat is also halal, but not all halal meat is kosher, so the answer is - not necessarily.

Zvi the Fiddler

• Aravah
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Jewish answer: no, the standards are different, my friend, with kosher being stricter.

Why the TDs for an ACCURATE Jewish answer that addresses the actual question?

Jews and Muslims just rate numerous TDs from the puppet accounts of false m's?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i dont know what Kosher meat means , i'll check

Source(s): things that link bible and christians to Islam, must see: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Avo31...
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Halal meat is all the meat except pig's.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.