Why isn't Iron Maiden in the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame?

I love Iron Maiden and just wanted to know why they're still not there yet. Tokio Hotel made it and they don't even deserve it!

True, some of their entries are questionable.

They've been rocking hard since 75. How much more time should I give?

You're right! I think it was another event where Tokio Hotel won over Iron Maiden.

At Hope. I have listened to that song every single day for the past (2) years. My favorite version of the song is the live Flight 666 tour in Toronto, Canada. In my opinion that version has the best solo ever. Even though I listen to the song everyday, I still get the same feeliing I had since first I heard it. Which is why Iron Maiden is my favorite band. To me, their songs just don't get old, ever,

Favorite Answer

Because the Rock N' Roll Hall of fame sucks! It is run by 500 "music experts" and the rest of the world has no say whats so ever on who gets in. Once and a while the will actually induct people/bands who actually deserve to be in such as Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Alice Cooper, etc. so they can live up to their name. But, if you actually look at the list of people inducted, its ridiculous! I don't know about you, but i really don't think that people like Madonna deserve to be in. I completely agree with you that Iron Maiden and a long list of other people and bands deserve to be in. :)

Iron Maiden is undoubtedly a Hall of Fame band. They are a Top 5 all time metal band and absolutely should be in the HoF.

The hall of fame put Madonna in. At this point it's an honor not to be put in the hall of fame. Iron Maiden is just too good for them, but them again Alice Cooper is there. Maybe someday.

• Tokio Hotel is in the Hall of Fame?!?! oh my goodness. What has this world come to?

I'd say just be patient. It often takes a while for even the greatest legends to be inducted.

EDIT: Answer below me is correct. Theres no way Tokio Hotel can be in the H of F *confused*

Hallowed Be Thy Name is the greatest metal song of all time. You're right on this. I'm honestly shocked they've never been inducted. I see they've been nominated before though.

• LOL! Tokio Hotel isn't in the RNR HOF. They've only been around for a decade or so.

You have to have at least a 25 year recording history before considering induction.

Iron Maiden meets that quarter century standard but they're very picky as to who they let in (some doesn't deserve it) & I don't see them in the HOF for a long time, if ever.

Because the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame is a worthless abomination. I agree 100% with the Sex Pistols, who refused to attend their induction, calling the institution a "piss stain".

Because the Rock n roll hall of fame is a joke

• Rigby

Tokio Hotel can't be in it since you can't be in it until 25 years has passed since your debut album has been released.

Iron Maiden is too good for R'N'RHoF

Because ABBA and Madonna are.