Will i get fired? What should i do?

I just started working at a 4 star restaurant and today as i got my first pay check my boss sits me down and tells me that he's disappointed in me and that i'm not pulling my weight and in his opinion i don't care about this job. Ok, none of this is true i have been trying my best at this job, i'm not finding it easy but im getting there and this is such a knock to my confidence i've been pretty upset all evening.. i don't know what to do? if i was being purposely lazy and not pulling my weight then id understand but i have been working as hard as i can! What do i do? Do you think i'll get fired?

OK you say you just started, well go to your boss with an improvement plan, this should impress him. tell him you need a little support until you are fully familiar with the routine he expects to follow. Suggest having a mentor for a couple of weeks who can show you everything you need to know and also suggest that you get the opportunity to work in all the positions throughout the restaurant. From prep in the kitchen to Matre D. That way by the end of it you will have a fully rounded understanding of the business. If you are suggesting this then he cannot accuse you of not being interested but if he goes for it you will have to work extremely hard on the up side it will put you in a good position for moving upwards in the restaurant if that's what you want.

What training as he given you? As he offered any ideas of way of improvement? He has to do things like this and gove you time before saying he's not happy - what a joke - he's obviously a bully boy and trust me a lot of junior and middle managers are. I'd get another job when they dont expect you to know what your doing as quickly as Mary Poppins if i were you

Source(s): Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Tell him you are trying your best and you would appreciate his help in showing you your mistakes.

do not waste your time.