Christians that support gay marriage, would you ever eat at Chick-Fil-A now that they have come out as bigots?

Me, I couldn't do it.

I just couldn't stand the idea that a portion of the money they gained form my purchased went to suppressing equal rights for everyone.

And please don't claim that you are for gay rights but against gay marriage, the two are mutually exclusive.

I really hope the few Chick-Fil-A restaurants in Canada end up closing because of this news coverage, we have plenty of good chicken joints in Canada, we don't need bigot chicken.

@ G C: Funny, because I'm Christian, and I do. Way to fail fundie :-P

@ Antie: Just because the majority supports bigot corp, doesn't mean everyone should.

• india
    Best Answer

Mr Cathy has every right to his free speech. I have a similar right to not give money to a corporation that gives my money to hate groups. I knew that Chick Fil A was a Christian business, I just assumed that meant they weren't giving money to groups that want to make it legal to kill gay people. They'll have to spend someone else's money, because I can fry my own nuggets.

• soo

I used to be raised catholic and invariably felt that homosexual individuals must have every correct to marriage. Most humans i do know, if now not all, consider the same. Love is love. The bible says **** about not mendacity with an extra man and so forth. But that is all bull identical to the bible condemn females who're raped and do not scream loud enough, and condone stoning females over minor thing together with a ban towards combined fibre clothing

You profess to be a christian yet you ignore what is in the bible? Interesting. You of course do realize that those restaurants in Canada are owned by franchise owners and not Dan Cathy right? I mean you WANT to see a fellow Canadian fail because Cathy voiced his view on the subject of Marriage?

Im not for gay "rights" Its a LIFESTYLE Choice.

Probably not, not because I can't stand his politics, but because I like my junk food on a Sunday and without Christian musack piped in. He's entitled to speak his peace. I'm entitled to not like his business model. I'm glad AuntiePanty was in the line to buy her chicken. In a month she will have forgotten to go there. She'll be at the Walmart checkout line. Our memories are short.

• Lynn

I am a strong believer in equal rights. That said, Chick-Fil-A is private company, and the owner is entitled to his opinion. To make a fast food restaurant ground zero for the gay rights issue is ridiculous in MY opinion.

Source(s): agnostic

I didnt even know what chickfila was I googled it 2 minutes ago... you realize there are probably alot of CEO managers, owners that are religious in some way - of these big companys that you buy products from, why point out this one, just because he shared his view.

I wouldn't eat fast food chicken regardless of their politics. The animal protien in chicken feed comes from rendering plants that use euthanized dogs and cats from animal shelters. Really.

This link explains it and provides links to the EPA regulations for using kittens and puppies to feed the chickens they sell at fast food joints.

http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/epa-docu...

I don't care because I'm not a media zombie. If people want to be media cows, then I guess they deserve to be angry about stupid crap the media stirs up.

People with differing opinions will always exist as far as I can see.

Source(s): Bisexual Christian
  • Tybee

FYI, the commotion was over free speech. The CEO expressed a personal opinion that does not reflect his business practices and certain city officials considered banning CFA in their cities. Thoroughly unconstitutional and if they do succeed in the ban then CFA will probably have a strong court case.

• Probably not but I don't eat there often anyway so it's not like a huge loss to begin with.

I just want this bull to blow over. The president is a bigot and I was sad to see so many people from my own country go out and support him by buying the chicken from his chain.

But what can you expect from a Southern state? We've been into oppression and bigotry for hundreds of years. It practically runs in our blood.

Source(s): Christian Pro-Gay