Wipe down the treadmill?

I heard you're supposed to wipe down the treadmill at a gym when you're finished. This makes sense to me for other machines, but what exactly are you supposed to wipe on a treadmill?

I do wipe the bar off after I've used it to check my heart rate, but is there something else I'm missing?

Favorite Answer

I think just the bar and the screen that you may have touched... they are not referring to the actual conveyor belt but if you feel the need to you could try... some people may look at you funny but it could be a good laugh...

Just anything you touched like the side bars or the screen and then anywhere else that sweat may have gotten on that other people might come in contact with. Don't worry about the belt.

Just wipe off the handrails if there are any, and wipe down the control panel thing. I guess that part is just in case someone drips while running lol.