How many of you are caught up in the "YOLO" campaign?

Do you believe in this whole 'YOLO' phenomenon and what are your opinions on it?

Update:

@Questy: LMAO maybe that should become a new campaign. Tag certain quotes and phrases as DAS.

Update 2:

@Smugleaf: Well I've heard the saying "you only live once" before but this whole YOLO propaganda has become somewhat of a battlecry for a generation to be stupid in the name of YOLO.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Dumb As Sh*t.

That's DAS.

EDIT : For real, right? 'lyssa posted something re: YOLO. I suggested YODO, you only die once, as a panacea.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Drake said YOLO now everybody gotta say YOLO what if Drake had said CINNAMON. People would be pulling things like this:

"I just slept with my best friend's boyfriend but you know CINNAMON". They use it to justify doing stupid stuff.

The definition of YOLO is- I want to do something stupid (drugs, alcohol, cliff diving etc) so hear's my excuse.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Never heard of it before you asked just now, so let's see what it means...

*Urban Dictionary:

"Abbreviation for: you only live once

The dumbass's excuse for something stupid that they did

Also one of the most annoying abbreviations ever...."

Well then, seems stupid and pointless.

Edit: Yeah, I had heard of the "You only live once." phrase, but I never heard it abbreviated before.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Not me.

Only "sluts" say YOLO. That's why they live their lives "to the fullest", getting their ******* filled up with whatever new **** comes around. Vulgar and very offensive, I know lmao. It's a dumb campaign to begin with.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I have ALWAYS thought that ("You only live once") so it's nothing new or novel to me. That's one of my major philosophies in life.

• Ryou
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I wonder what happened to "carpe diem".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.