Do you live by 'YOLO'?

You Only Live Once.

Technically, if you believe in reincarnation (which I do) then that saying doesn't apply to you.

But I get the initial message.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Jess
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I actually live nine lives because I'm part feline.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I don't follow 'YOLO', per se. I believe that you shouldn't shut yourself down to things, and you need to push your boundaries. I'm not saying go and do drugs and rob a bank, that's utterly moronic. But things like joining a lot of clubs in high school, or doing something that may cost you a bit of money, but would be a great experience...do that stuff.

Staying up until 1 am to finish my homework because I got home late from sports practice, some club meeting or whatever is not an uncommon thing for me. I get a few good years to be young, and I'm going to the things available to me. When I go off to college, I'll make the most of that experience. When I get my first real job, same deal. So on until I die. You DO only live once. That's common knowledge. I'm going to use my time usefully. Do things I want to do, push my boundaries a little. I don't want to look back with regret because I passed up a great oppurtunity because I was scared.

• 8 years ago

Oh hell no... Not in that stupid sense of "YOLO" I can't even believe I just typed that...

But in the sense of "I only get this one opportunity, this one chance, just this one lifetime, then I should make it a good one. I don't have to drink and hoe around but I might miss chances at life by being "safe" and cautious. I broke a couple bones in my back when I was in 9th grade while skiing and I've been skiing since I was 2... I could've been paralyzed or killed and I am thankful that I have the chance I have in life. I have given back to the community (years and years), I've helped friends with their problems and I've helped people with weight loss but most importantly I learned how to help myself and that's what I need in my life. I need to help myself, go with the flow like I always have and just relax. I don't need to chug vodka and damage my organs just cus some stupid person told me that that's the way to live life, I need to live my life in my way. If I can do that and be happy with who I'm with and all the people I've met and all the people I won't see again, then I've actually lived. I'm happy :) I love my life, I have a boyfriend who I love very much, I have a nice house, good parents and a good bro, I have a car and I'm grateful for what I have in my life. I won't **** it away with beer cus some dumbass told me that I gotta be like "YOLO" just to live a life that I already love just the way it is"

• 8 years ago

Never heard the phrase but I believe 100% in reincarnation. I even have flashes of one of my previous lives :)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I don't believe that you should go out and try to experience everything, because some things can really mess you up, and mess up your life.

But I do think that you should do the things that make you happy, try new things and have fun. So I live by...whatever makes sense and will lead to happiness.

• I agree with Joko. YOLO is stupid. People live life according to how they want to live, not by some stupid Twitter saying.

• 8 years ago

No yolo is the stupidest word ever

• Morgan
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I always have, but more in the sense of "life's too short" kind of way. YOLO tends to encourage stupid/illegal things in my opinion.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

No. YOLO is just an excuse to do stupid things in my honest opinion.

Example: "YOLO so you might as well do something that will land you in prison!"

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Honestly, this phrase is inspiring me to not YOLO.

Very annoying...

• 8 years ago

ahahaha yes, many of my stupidist thisng have happend because of that, "hey lets take 5 shots of rum then chug a beer all in 5 min" "no i work tomorrow" "comoon, YOLO" next thing i know im puking at work the next day

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.