Do you live by 'YOLO'?

You Only Live Once.

Technically, if you believe in reincarnation (which I do) then that saying doesn't apply to you.

But I get the initial message.

• Jess
    Favorite Answer

I actually live nine lives because I'm part feline.

• .

I don't follow 'YOLO', per se. I believe that you shouldn't shut yourself down to things, and you need to push your boundaries. I'm not saying go and do drugs and rob a bank, that's utterly moronic. But things like joining a lot of clubs in high school, or doing something that may cost you a bit of money, but would be a great experience...do that stuff.

Staying up until 1 am to finish my homework because I got home late from sports practice, some club meeting or whatever is not an uncommon thing for me. I get a few good years to be young, and I'm going to the things available to me. When I go off to college, I'll make the most of that experience. When I get my first real job, same deal. So on until I die. You DO only live once. That's common knowledge. I'm going to use my time usefully. Do things I want to do, push my boundaries a little. I don't want to look back with regret because I passed up a great oppurtunity because I was scared.

Oh hell no... Not in that stupid sense of "YOLO" I can't even believe I just typed that...

But in the sense of "I only get this one opportunity, this one chance, just this one lifetime, then I should make it a good one. I don't have to drink and hoe around but I might miss chances at life by being "safe" and cautious. I broke a couple bones in my back when I was in 9th grade while skiing and I've been skiing since I was 2... I could've been paralyzed or killed and I am thankful that I have the chance I have in life. I have given back to the community (years and years), I've helped friends with their problems and I've helped people with weight loss but most importantly I learned how to help myself and that's what I need in my life. I need to help myself, go with the flow like I always have and just relax. I don't need to chug vodka and damage my organs just cus some stupid person told me that that's the way to live life, I need to live my life in my way. If I can do that and be happy with who I'm with and all the people I've met and all the people I won't see again, then I've actually lived. I'm happy :) I love my life, I have a boyfriend who I love very much, I have a nice house, good parents and a good bro, I have a car and I'm grateful for what I have in my life. I won't **** it away with beer cus some dumbass told me that I gotta be like "YOLO" just to live a life that I already love just the way it is"

Never heard the phrase but I believe 100% in reincarnation. I even have flashes of one of my previous lives :)

I don't believe that you should go out and try to experience everything, because some things can really mess you up, and mess up your life.

But I do think that you should do the things that make you happy, try new things and have fun. So I live by...whatever makes sense and will lead to happiness.

• I agree with Joko. YOLO is stupid. People live life according to how they want to live, not by some stupid Twitter saying.

No yolo is the stupidest word ever

• Morgan

I always have, but more in the sense of "life's too short" kind of way. YOLO tends to encourage stupid/illegal things in my opinion.

No. YOLO is just an excuse to do stupid things in my honest opinion.

Example: "YOLO so you might as well do something that will land you in prison!"

Honestly, this phrase is inspiring me to not YOLO.

Very annoying...

ahahaha yes, many of my stupidist thisng have happend because of that, "hey lets take 5 shots of rum then chug a beer all in 5 min" "no i work tomorrow" "comoon, YOLO" next thing i know im puking at work the next day