What strawberry cheescake recipe do you think would be easier to make, looks and sounds better..?

A close relative of mine has a huge birthday coming up (60th) and I want to make her a strawberry cheescake, I have not made one before so I am a little wary.

I was just searching online and I came across these two recipes..

http://www.thebritishmenu.com/puddingsdesserts/str...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&s...

The only thing about the second one, is that my relative is not a great lover of icing but I thought once everything is mixed together she will enjoy it.

As I have not made cheesecake before, I am not sure what would be the best option, or if it would just be better to make regular cheesecake

Best Answer

Cheese cake is kind of hard to make and takes a while but if I were u just look for an easy cheese cake recipe and just put fresh strawberries on top and they also have a very easy and quick box cheesecake you can buy if u live in the US

Lemon Strawberry Cheescake :P

Try with some Strawberries dipped in chocolate

Ingredients

150 g digestive biscuits or 150 g coconut biscuits, crushed

100 g butter

30 ml gelatin

60 ml water, cold

125 ml milk

2 eggs, separated

200 g sugar

2 lemons, juice and rind of, fresh grated

10 ml vanilla essence

500 g cream-style cottage cheese

250 ml cream, whipped

Directions

1

Mix the butter and biscuits together and press into the base of a springform tin.

2

Sprinkle the gelatin over the water, allow to become spongy.

3

Dissolve by placing over boiling water or microwave for 30 seconds on medium.

4

Combine milk, egg yolks, and sugar in a pan; place on medium heat and cook, stirring until slightly thickened.

5

Pour in dissolved gelatin and lemon rind.

6

Set aside to cool slightly.

7

Beat lemon juice and vanilla into cheese, then gradually stir in the gelatin mixture.

8

Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites and three quarters of the whipped cream.

9

Pour over pie crust.

10

Refrigerate for several hours until firmly set.

11

Remove from springform and decorate with the remaining cream.

12

Variations: the lemon can be omitted, add extra vanilla to taste.

13

The top can be finished off with berries such as black cherries or cape gooseberries.

14

Drain the juice of the berries and sprinkle 15 ml gelatin over the juice, heat to dissolve, add the berries, and cool slightly.

15

Pour over cheesecake in springform and leave to set.

First one look delicious. You could just main a plain one and a homemade strawberry sauce separately.