Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 7 years ago

Jobs in physics or engineering?

I'm 13 and starting to learn physics but have some questions.

1.What kind of jobs are there in physics?

2. what exactly does a theoretical physicist do?

3. Is the pay good to be a theoretical physicist?

4.What are some good universitys in Canada or USA to become a theoretical physicist or engineer?

5. Could a theoretical physicist/engineer work at the university they went to?

6. Could a theoretical physicist work for nasa?

7. whats better a theoretical physicist or an engineer for nasa?

8. How would one become a theoretical physicist or engineer?

9. whats the average pay for a engineer at nasa?

10. What are the types of engineers?

And last could some one give me some physics for a person who barely knows anything except,Quarks,Leptons(however I only know alittle about leptons),Brayons,special relativity, general relativity (only the definition for both thou) and wave functions.

Thanks for all the help!!

Best Answer

Most jobs for people with physics degrees are as teachers. You will need a *lot* of math. Standard teacher's salaries... too danged little.

5. Not if they want a hope of advancement. In general, you need advanced degrees, and they really need to be obtained at different institutions. Otherwise it is assumed you are just gaming a few gullible professors.

7. Being an engineer (not for NASA), I will not answer that.

10. Civil (lots of different specialties), mechanical (structural), mechanical (machines), mechanical (process), aerospace, computer, chemical, industrial (methods), environmental engineers.