Making it as a singer with no soprano voice?

I want to know if it's possible to make it out there as a singer without having a soprano voice. I have heard that yes it is possible but what are the odds if you don't have that powerful soprano voice? Looking at a lot of the singers out there they can reach those high notes, and it makes me wonder if it's possible for an alto to even be noticed.

Also, is it possible for an alto to become a soprano? I am 15 years old and I've been singing since I was 11 (I didn't take it so seriously till I was 13 years old though). I've done a couple of talent shows. I used to be in a church choir but I quit about a year ago due to personal reasons and I've been in a school musical, Zombie Prom, as the lead role of Toffee. Singing is my passion and I want to do it for a living. I've been trying to train my voice everyday, pushing myself towards those higher notes. It hasn't been easy but I would love to know your thoughts and ideas :) Thanks!

Favorite Answer

kurt cobain he couldnt hit those high notes alot of people cant yes youll be able to make it as a singer all singers have different voices it would be boring if everyone had the same voice you know?

Hey there,

I saw some improvements in my singing voice thanks to this online resource http://www.goobypls.com/r/rd.asp?gid=295.

I needed some training but couldn't afford a vocal coach. I'm happy with the results.

Hope it helps.