Why is everyone staring at my tattoo in Europe?

I live in Canada, and Im currently travelling in Europe. I've noticed for the last 2 weeks (I've been in 5 countries and 7 cities) that I'm getting a lot of people staring at my tattoo on my back. I'm a 22 year old female, attractive and preppy looking, so it's not like I'm a rider with a emo look or anything. My tattoo is a compass rose and it has a bunch of religious symbols in it including a cross and the Star of David. I haven't had anyone say anything negative about it ever, but I have had a few positive comments though in Europe. My travelling buddy says that about 3 times a day she'll catch someone staring at my back. Does anyone know if they can explain this behaviour? I've been to Belgium, Spain, France, Monaco, and Italy. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

40 percent of Americans between the ages of 26 and 40 have at least one tattoo; 36 percent of those age 18-25 report having a tattoo.

Only 10% of Europeans of ALL ages have a tattoo. Europeans seem to be ahead of us in class and culture.

/

It sounds like it's a special tattoo, with a message of some sort, not dissimilar to a painting. I've noticed people generally look at paintings when they think it's interesting.

maybe people there aren't used to others having tattoos, especially women. Don't take offense to it they probably just find it interesting or odd. If it irritates you than cover up your back.

cuz ur tattoo is awesome

Source(s): i love tattoos