Kieth
Lv 5
Kieth asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 8 years ago

What informs your perception?

If we all have a unique perspective on the world then what is the mechanism that lies behind the perspective?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

both the a posteriori and a priori

our experiences, and certain uncontrollables

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tropos
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Signals from my sense organs inform my perception. However "perception" does includes an initial degree of interpretation of those signals, the merging the brain does with those signals to form a unified model of existence. A "perspective" includes not only that perception, but additional iterations of consideration, based on memories and developed ways of reasoning. Even tho the initial signals to the brain may be basically the same between individuals, there is a divergence of what one would put forth as "their perspective" once it gets to higher functions of the brain like conscious thought.

• 8 years ago

You have asked two different questions here. The answer to the first one is our five or six senses. The second is that perspective is all together different and is formed by life experiences.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The Holy Spirit

Source(s): The New Testament (recommended reading)
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

I'm not sure if this answers your question but maybe it does as it explains the structure of the brain:

Art, Reality, and the Brain: The Quest for Aesthetic Universals - Dr. V.S. Ramachandran --

http://youtu.be/6fipuHMHqxU

Youtube thumbnail

-------------

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

God. and a different mindset than the rest of the world..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.