Where is the physical end of the universe, and what's after that?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are a ton of theories, but no solid proof of what exists beyond the universe.

• 8 years ago

There is no physical end to the universe. It goes on forever, even if that means that if we travel 13.7 billion light years in one direction, the amount of 'stuff' from there on is non-existent (space will continue going on). It will get very very boring from this point onwards.

In one theory, the universe is rounded like a balloon. As you blow it up, points on the balloon move further away from each other. But if you trace a line around from point A to point Z and keep going, you'll eventually end up back at point A.

There is no end to the universe.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I have 2 answers; one is the thesis and the second is the anti-thesis. They contradict each other but are both possibilities:-

THESIS

if the universe is boundary less , so to speak, as people believe then there can be no material end. also if it is infinite then the "border" , per se, is constantly growing bigger and changing every instant

ANTI-THESIS

If the universe does have an end then i suppose beyond that would be nothing. the thought is rather terrifying and hard to explain. you see when i say "nothing" what probably comes to your mind is black empty space and no sound but nothing means absolutely empty. it wont be spacious, it would have no matter or anti matter or anything

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.