taylor asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

Hair dye messed up ?? ?

Ok so I have black hair and bought blonde hair dye to turn it into a lightish brown but only parts of my roots change idk what to do I'm only 15 & my mom pretty much doesn't care she ignores me all the time she's just not a great mom at all CPS had to talk to her 3 times already in the past year about me , so she won't take me to a salon and the 1st day of school is THIS Monday >.< idk what should I do? My father is in jail and I'm no where near other family members any thing I can do? It's not good I have 4 spots of brown/blonde hair in my roots and it looks so stupid >___< please help I only have $5 and my mom won't drive me and it's too far to walk to the store

Favorite Answer

Know your school policy mandating a "natural color, brown, blond, black, natural red/auburn." before dyeing your hair pink, for example: 3-21-12 "Honor Student Banned from School for Pink Hair." a 6th grader who was rewarded for getting good grades.

Red hair gets 13-year-old suspended KCTV-5 Posted: Apr 12, 2012 8:13 PM PDT Updated: Apr 13, 2012 4:01 AM PDT

Recently from YA HAIR: "I have red tips on my fringe, I got in trouble at school and they want it out by tomorrow."

And another: "I dyed it purple. It was supposed to wash out after about a month. Now, many months later, it's still there. And it looks really stupid because it's grown out about three or four inches from my roots. I'm also not suppose dot have it at my job. I've tried dying my hair the same color as my natural hair color but that didn't work."

Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring. It's gonna cost your more than $5 trying to fix your damaged hair, even hair falls.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Celebrity wears two-tone hair dye all the time, trying to grow out their dye. Watch Victoria Newman on the Young & the Restless (her dyed blond hair had been growing for months & months), now Chloe on Y&R has two-tone hair, and another on Entertainment Tonight, she's one of the correspondence. Chloe Kardashian, Drew Barrymore & Guiliana Rancic (btw, she just had double mastectomy), Sarah Jessica Parker, Rachel Bilson,Jennifer Lopez (when she's not wearing hair extensions) have had their hair done like that (letting their highlights fade) for years! The other night, I even spotted Ivanka Trump's hair, she's letting her hair grow naturally on the Apprentice. They call that look ombre hair color — darker roots, lighter ends — but colorists sees that fading. Women are wanting dimensional color with natural highlights that look like they've been playing out in the sun.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

Google: Teen 'feared she would die' after reaction to hair dye

The allergic reaction was caused by a well-known brand of semi-permanent hair dye Chloe used to turn her hair black for a Hallowe’en party. . . . . called for beauty bosses to ban hair dye chemical PPD (para-phenylenediamine) from the shelves. 11-04-11

The chemical is not new and is present in a number of brands of dark hair colours, acting to help adhere the dye to the hair so that it doesn't wash out. It’s made from coal tar and is used in both permanent and semi-permanent hair colours. It’s well-known to be a cause of serious allergic reactions -- including something called contact dermatitis which can lead to rashes, blisters, and open sores.

PPD is sometimes added to black henna tattoos and that using them is not safe. Allergic reactions usually begin within two to 10 days following application. One bad reaction can lead to sensitivities to other products such as hair dye, sunblock and some types of clothing dyes. Oftentimes, it's using the product a second or third time.

Google: A 38-year old mother left in a coma after using hair dye. 11-22-11. SHE DYED HER HAIR MANY TIMES BEFORE, USING THE SAME BRAND.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Vanessa Minnillo Lachey: "I dated a guy once who wanted me to have blonde hair. Clearly, he was the wrong guy for me! I went to a lady who bleached my hair and it literally fell out. So, not only did I go back to my natural hair, I broke up with the guy!"

Another example posted on YA! 8-20-12. Is it just me or does xxl live max blonde make your scalp feel like it on fire? I've recently used a max blonde on my hair and I had to wash it wash off straight away because my scalp felt like it was on fire has this happend to anyone else?

Sources:

Google FDA.gov & search for Hair Dye & Relaxers.

Google: Hair Dye FAQ's Are Hair Dyes Safe?