I'm dating Don Draper?

Not really - but the guy I'm sort-of seeing right now, I found out that he has (or, at least, had) a wife and two kids. We're still in the very beginning stages of our relationship so I'm glad I found out now, but he didn't tell me (I found out by Googling him).

I've read that you shouldn't talk about your past relationships until things start to get serious, but I really feel like I should confirm this information sooner rather than later. Any tips or advice on how or when would be appreciated (we're meeting for lunch and hanging out in the afternoon on Sunday, and I was trying to figure out how to bring it up then, if I can).

Favorite Answer

You should bring this up. Do it naturally, just bring it in to the conversation gradually. Whatever you do try to avoid making the conversation awkward.

here's the thing. no, you shouldn't disclose everything about a past relationship until you are comfortable enough in a new one to do so. however, not mentioning things like being married and having kids is one of the few things that he certainly should have brought up a long time ago. and without you having to find it out on your own. of course you should bring it up, and yes Sunday would be the perfect time. you can i don't mean to pry or anything, but have you ever been married? good chance for you to find out exactly what kind of a guy he is just by asking that question, and seeing how he will answer you.