Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

Can you explain for us all John 14:27?

John 14:27

New International Version (NIV)

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

What is important to you from this verse?

How do you explain it for those who do not know what this means?

(I know some of this).

Favorite Answer

It's important to know that the world cannot give true everlasting peace. They think it's peace if they have temporary pleasures fulfilled, but all that can fall apart quickly, and then they feel devastated and look for another pleasure. We must accept the peace that Jesus gives in order to survive in this world spiritually speaking. We know that Jesus gives hope and we can have peace in that. We can choose to not be fearful or troubled, and to take his peace knowing he has our lives in the palm of his hand. We must abide in him. He said "if you continue in my word, then you are my disciples indeed." Phil. 4:6-7 tells how to get the peace that passes understanding.

He is saying I leave with you My last, My best, My dying legacy - peace, not the kind that world gives. Men have peace societies temples and plans, but arm for war all the while. The killed the Prince of Peace Acts 4:27 and ignore Him still, so they have no peace until He comes to reign. And this peace is between God and man. This peace is in the soul. This peace is the calm in the storm because you know God is on your side.

My view on the scrip hope this helps.

First, Jesus’ peace was closely tied in with his Kingdom message. He knew that the righteous heavenly government, composed of Jesus and 144,000 corulers, would put an end to war and warmongers. (Revelation 14:1, 3) He knew that it would bring about the peaceful paradisaic conditions that he offered to the evildoer who died at his side. Jesus did not offer him a place in the heavenly Kingdom, but he said: “Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in Paradise.”—Luke 23:43.

Jesus also knew that his Kingdom would bring comfort to all those mourning ones who exercise faith in him. His peace includes the wonderfully sustaining hope of the resurrection. Remember his encouraging words found at John 5:28, 29: “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.”

He was not leaving them without help but promised to send them the holy spirit.—Joh 14:26, 27; 16:33; compare Col 3:15.

Reading singular verses can remove context:

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. (New Testament, John, Chapter 14)

Jesus was saying that the holy ghost will give us peace. A heavenly peace, not of the world, but of heaven.

It's difficult to explain the influence of the holy ghost to those who have not experienced it. To me, it is my guide. It is my constant companion that helps me everyday try to live as a disciple of Jesus. It is the fire that burns within as I teach the gospel to others. And the warmth that fills me when I am beholding the glory of god. It is the still small voice, and the profound epiphany that teaches me truth line upon line precept upon precept. It is the greatest gift I have had the honor of receiving and the honor of bestowing on others.

In the account Jesus was talking to his disciples. He was helping them not to become anxious

over anything. Phil. 4:6,7.The peace that Jesus Christ gave to his disciples, based on their faith in him as God’s Son, served to calm their hearts and minds. Although Jesus told them that the time was coming when he would no longer be with them personally, they had no reason to be concerned or to give way to fear. He was not leaving them without help but promised to send them the holy spirit.

Likewise, we today can offer prayer to God when there are concerns in our lives. This will strengthen us and give us a peace and tranquility and help keep a close relationship with God even during the difficult times.

• K & D

Even as Jehovah is the God of peace, so his Son, Jesus Christ, is the “Prince of Peace,” and the “Lord of peace.” (Isa. 9:6; 2 Thess. 3:16) Regarding his rule we are told: “To the abundance of the princely rule and to peace there will be no end.” Yes, when he holds sway over the earth there will be “the abundance of peace until the moon is no more.”—Isa. 9:7; Ps. 72:7.

Jehovah God and Jesus Christ, however, do not keep this peace to themselves. They bestow it upon their faithful servants and followers, even as we read: “Jehovah himself will bless his people with peace.” “I will hear what the true God Jehovah will speak, for he will speak peace to his people and to his loyal ones.” (Ps. 29:11; 85:8) In particular has peace been held out to them since the time of Jesus’ birth, at which time the angels sang out: “On earth peace among men with whom [God] is pleased!” or, “Peace to the men he favors!” (Luke 2:14, RS; AT) And shortly before leaving his apostles and returning to his Father, Jesus assured them, “I leave you peace, I give you my peace.”—John 14:27; 16:33.

• Gerry

The peace that Jesus Christ gave to his disciples, based on their faith in him as God’s Son, served to calm their hearts and minds. Although Jesus told them that the time was coming when he would no longer be with them personally, they had no reason to be concerned or to give way to fear. He was not leaving them without help but promised to send them the holy spirit.

(John 14:26) But the helper, the holy spirit, which the Father will send in my name, that one will teach YOU all things and bring back to YOUR minds all the things I told YOU.

Trusting in the Lord will give way better peace than human reliance can. In troubles the Lord Jesus is always there for others. =)

This verse is a promise to the Apostle's from Christ to them . It is not meant to us because he was specifically speaking only to the Apostles, that does not mean Jesus is not with all of us but this at the time was only to them. Jesus promise to us is.

I will never leave you or forsake you.

Hebrews 13;5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you or forsake you ".

Source(s): N.K.J Bible my opinion

One minute he is preaching hellfire selling fear the next saying don't be afraid. One minute preaching peace the next saying he did not come to bring peace but a sword. Can't make sense of nonsense.