Amy asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 8 years ago

why is my friend so immature?

we are in eighth grade and she still acts like a baby. she tried to push me over in gym and always makes fun of me for wearing a bra. she wears lipstick but she puts it on all over her face, she always wears skirts with lots of ruffles and then patterned shirts. she does cartweels off the benches in the locker room. why wont she grow up

Favorite Answer

Well, 8th grade is still young. Like 13 or 14. She shouldn't be making fun of you like that. I was in a D cup in 8th. If you need a bra then you need it. And she should know how to put makeup on. If she really is annoying and mean to you like that I would look for a new friend.

Girl I had the saaaaaaame friend when I was in junior high. She would always come up and bump me whenever I was talking to someone, she'd interrupt me when I was talking to cute boys, when I started dating a guy, it turns out she liked him too and wouldn't talk to either of us for 2 weeks, she would always brag about all the stuff she got and how she was perfect etc. Okay the point. It took me until my junior year in high school to call this girl out. We've been friends since elementary. I didn't do it the right way and would reword it if I could, but it gave her the wake up call she needed. You basically just need to take them aside (don't do it in front of a large group of people or she'll just get defensive), and tell her that you value her friendship, but her immature ways have been getting on your nerves. Don't criticize her style, or other things like that, that have no relevance to the conversation. Just simply tell her that the pushing over thing needs to stop because someone could get hurt, that you feel uncomfortable with her remarks on your bra, and that you're telling her this because you love and respect her and you want her to do the same. From what I can gather with the whole bra, make-up and crazy wardrobe thing, is that she's really insecure about herself and a little jealous of you early sense of maturity, so she'll get attention any way she can. So criticizing her looks will only add salt to the wound. Just tell her that you don't find her jokes funny and that you would appreciate it if she could learn to respect you a little more.

It's alright. Just ignore all of that, she just wants to see how you act, just act like it doesn't bother you and she should stop. Plus, once you're done with 8th grade, you're going off to high school, right? You won't see her anymore or if you guys are going to the same high school, you'll be too busy. That's when all of this won't matter anymore. Good luck!

Eighth grade is still kinda young.. Why rush? Geez your what 11 or 11? Ha c'mon. I hope you aren't ready for a serious relationship yet. Have fun !!

I didn't know 8th graders were supposed to act mature .

She probabley isn't treated well at home and dosent know how to act well at school.

because she's kewl and taking advantage of her age to be able to do all the dumb things you'll want to do once you're 20 lol...

You're too mature for her.

Because she is probably just ******* retarded and you haven't relized it