Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Israel, why are you so unreasonable?

You’re a bit unreasonable, no? Listen, I don’t want to end up on a list for saying this, but since a million other people are saying it, I’m just going to say it. You’d be nothing without America’s support, which you only have because you’re in an oil-rich part of the world. You refuse to stop illegally occupying land. You just keep taking it. And then you wonder why Palestinians are mad. Look, I’m just sayin’. It was theirs first. And you’re just taking it from them. Y u no follow international law?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • gatita
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

I would like to introduce Haj Amin Al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, was an important Palestinian leader who sided with the Nazis during the Second World War. Not only did this hate cleric and jihadist meet Hitler in November 1941, also did he cultivate the personal friendship of Adolf Eichmann, the very man who was in charge of organizing the Holocaust. Eichmann told his friend Willem Sassen after the war that he was proud of having killed at least 5 million “enemies of the German Reich.” The Holocaust was codenamed “The Final Solution of the Jewish Problem” (“Die Endloesung der Judenfrage”). The Mufti used a similar term on at least one occasion. Oddly enough the Grand Mufti was the uncle of Yasser Arafat of the PLO.

The Palestinian Authority, Mufti Muhammad Hussein teaches Palestinians that their destiny is to kill Jews. "The Hour [of Resurrection] will not come until you fight the Jews. The Jew will hide behind stones or trees. Then the stones or trees will call: 'Oh Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him." Quotes About "Palestine" "Peace of us means the destruction of Israel. We are preparing for an all out war, a war which will last for generations. ~Yasser Arafat~

The Palestinians have had numerous opportunities beginning to create an independent state, but have repeatedly rejected the offers: 1937 the Peel Commision, 1939, the British White Paper, 1947, the UN would have created an even larger Arab state as part of its partition plan. Israel accepted the plan; Arab states attacked when Israel declared independence. The 1979 Egypt-Israel peace negotiations offered the Palestinians autonomy, which would almost certainly have led to full independence. The Oslo process that began in 1993 was leading toward the creation of a Palestinian state before the Palestinian-sponsored terror scuttled the agreements. In 2000, Prime Minister Ehud Barak offered to create a Palestinian state, but Yasser Arafat rejected the deal. In addition, from 1948 to 1967, Israel did not control the West Bank. The Palestinians could have demanded an independent state from the Jordanians.

I am a Christian who believes Israel must be the homeland of the Jewish people. How many know there was NEVER an Arab Palestine until 1948. At that time the Palestinians were offered statehood and it was refused. In all there have been four times it was offered statehood and the last time it was refused by Yasser Arafat himself.

How many have heard of the disengagement by Israel from the Gaza? This was a futile attempt for peace between the Palestinians and Israel in 2005. Hope for the prospects of peace was revived in recent months. The death of Yasser Arafat and the election of his successor, Mahmoud Abbas, fostered the expectation of a new era in relations between Israelis and Palestinians. Within this context, Israel’s Disengagement Plan, introduced in December 2003, should be seen as an important step forward. The goal was to reach a just settlement that would allow both peoples to live in genuine peace and security.

Israel demonstrated its willingness to trade land for peace in its 1979 peace treaty with Egypt, when it gave back all of the Sinai Peninsula. This decision entailed painful sacrifices, including the dismantlement of the town of Yamit and the uprooting of all the Sinai settlements. 300 Jewish settlers who had lived for years were forced to evacuate the West Bank, Migron, in order to comply with the disengagement.

Wealthy American Jews bought greenhouse so the Palestinians could develop an agricultural economy. With a few years they had been totally destroyed and with it self-sufficiency. Still the rockets of Hamas continue to lob Israel and the primary targets schools and homes for the elderly. The most helpness of Israeli society. What bravery on the part of Hamas!!

gatita

Degree in History (focus Jewish studies) and Spanish, New Mexico State U. 1990

Source(s): mondoweiss.net/2012/09/...israel-evacua… www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Peace+Process/Guide http://www.shariaunveiled.wordpress.com/… http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.h…
  • dueitt
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Why wouldn't it be any further unreasonable today than it has for the last 5 many years. You possess it you operate it however no one wishes to claim you might be it. Palestians and Jews are struggling over an agreement. Are any of them particularly representing the people on either aspect? Had been I a Jew I would need this simple awareness before i'd speak warfare or peace. What was once was once, then there may be the way in which it's. Olmert is just seeking to retailer his job. The peace assembly has grown so unpopular all people is looking for an excuse to not do it, and i'm on that side. Don't do it, worse will come from it.

• Asker, why are you so unreasonable? You're a bit unreasonable, no? Listen, I don't want to end up on a list for saying this, but since a million other people are saying it, I'm just going to say it. The Jews have ONE country and it's smaller than Lake Erie. The Muslims have 47 (last time I checked). I think the Muslim Palestinians could go somewhere else. The Palestinians have people firing rockets at the Israelis, and then they wonder why the Israelis aren't nice to them. Look, I'm just sayin'. Y u don't want the Jews to have even one single country while the Muslims have 47?

• 7 years ago

Israel has oil? I didn't know that!

And America supports Israel because it has oil? What am I missing here?

In fact, America is risking not getting oil from the oil-rich Muslim nations because of its support for Israel. The truth is Israel stands as a testament to the validity of the Bible at a time when the Bible is coming under increasing attacks from the skeptics. The Bible contains the history of the Israelites and is as indestructible as the people it talks about. So you can stop attacking Israel. It just won't succeed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Actually, Israel doesn't have America's support because it has oil. It has America's support, and indeed all the western countries, because THEY were the ones who awarded it to the Jews that were nearly exterminated in Europe. They felt bad about that, so they gave them their ancient homeland. Nobody really thought the people already living in Palestine would mind. It was a mistake, but it's not the Israelis' mistake. Can you blame them for wanting a homeland, and for wanting to get the heck out of Europe?

So now the Jews have their own country, but they're surrounded by very angry people on all sides. What can they do? What would YOU do? You'd defend yourself. And you'd try to improve your defenses whenever possible.

Really, none of this is anybody's fault. We have Muslims, Christians and Jews all living together in (relative) harmony in America. It's too bad the rest of the world can't do that too. And it's high irony that all this is taking place in a region called "the holy land."

• Fred
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

You fell for the lie that arabs care about palestinians. You also seem not to understand the word illegally. It is a joke that you claim that the land was theirs first. Don't you know where the name jerusalem came from? Get real.

• 7 years ago

that is dumb they bought it from you for a fair price and now that the Lord God has blessed Israel, you want to steal it back by saying they stole it from you. listen to psalm 105

verses 2 and 4

"Turn to the Lord who fails us never

And seek His face, His strenght forever

Recall the wonders He has wrought

The righteous judgments He has taught

Remember these you chosen ones

O Abraham's offspring Jacob sons.

Firm stands His Word to abraham spoken

His oath to Isaac never broken

His everlasting covenant

With Israel God will not recant

He said "to you this land I give

that as my heirs you there may live."

so stop harassing them and leave them in peace, why fight against the lord God of Israel?

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Antisemitic much?

"You'd be nothing without America's support..." Wrong. God chose them, THAT'S why they aren't nothing, regardless of any earthly support or not. The land they once occupied...long before Palestine was given some of it...used to be the entire region (look at a map that predates modern times and see that Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Turkey, Palestine, Afghanistan, all of it belonged to Israel before they agreed to start dividing it up, leaving them with a tiny little portion of ground that those who hate them for no sound reasons would take from them as well. EVERY sovereign Nation has every right to exist and none have any right to stomp them out, no matter how deeply their hatred runs.

• Batman
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Because the holocaust man... You know how much they suffered during the holocaust? The people who suffered the holocaust deserve there own little nation, just like gypsies and homosexuals have their own countries.... oh wait.

• 7 years ago

Israel was there since the beggining of history you ignorant person

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.