Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Zack asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Workout routine for starters?

I just started working out about a a month ago, august 18th to be exact. I've been workout out 3 times a week and I started working every muscle group seperatly. I usally take protein shakes right after but after a month, I havn't really noticed a difference in my muscle growth ( very slim ). I have a home gym because my dad works out alot. I'm 6'0'' and 141lbs and I want to put on alot of muscle. I recently lost about 60lbs of fat because I did alot of cardio but now I want to put on muscle. I want to put muscle on fast. My diet is only healthy food (black beans, tofu, fish, tuna, sandwhichs with only loads of veggies in it,ect...). What is a good workout routine for starters and when should I add more weights ect.. (I'm looking for a workout routine that consists of excersices that work mutiple muscle groups at once). Btw I'm 15 about to be 16 in a month.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Compound lifts.. The big three and olympic two

Deadlift

Squat

Bench Press

Clean and Jerk

Snatch

these 5 lifts will build muscle like nothing else.. push your limits

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.