Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Messages won't send from my Samsung Galaxy ace phone!?

I recieve texts fairly quickly, but for some reason, whenever I send a text it does not send at all. It says "sending" but it never does. How can I fix this?

Favorite Answer

Try turning off your phone and pulling out the battery for a minute (this preforms a hard reset) it will allow the memory in your phone to be cleared out (you won't lose any contacts, pictures, apps, etc, it will only clear out the memory that is temporary). This should allow your phone to be able to send messages again because it seems like it could just be overloaded with information.

Depending on which version of Android you're running try one of these methods:

open Settings, scroll down to the System section and choose Backup and Reset. Then tap on Factory Data Reset. (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwhich)

Android 2 Gingerbread open Settings, then tap on Storage and choose Factory Data Reset.

* Make sure all of your data is backed up*

-Open your Contacts list

2. Press the Menu button

3. Select Import

4. Tick the "Google Contacts" box