Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 years ago

Christians, why would you thank god for curing someone's cancer?

When he's the one that created it in the first place?

Isn't that a bit like thanking the guy who saved you from drowning, even though he's the one that pushed you out of the boat in the first place?

(lucky thing your sky-pixie doesn't exist huh? Otherwise you'd all be worshiping one sick, demented being!)

Donna,

Exactly! It's monumentally idiotic. (an excellent definition of religion actually...)

Mara,

yes indeed! NO thanks given to those who actually DO the work, instead let's praise some imaginary, mythological being.

It makes ZERO sense.

• Jack
    Favorite Answer

I know I totally agree.

In a plane crash if one person survives, then the lord was watching over him that day....but he wasn't watching over the 249 other people who were smashed into little pieces was he?

Just totally ridiculous, silly, ludicrous, childish, infantile and immature - that jsut about describes it.

An excellent point. If you believe in creationism or "intelligent" design, then you are stuck with the reality that "god" created cancer (and HIV, and tuberculosis, and influenza, etc., etc.). Now, if you accept evolution, you are forced to accept that it is human intervention that can "cure" or alleviate these things.

My girlfriend had breast cancer. She had an excellent surgeon that removed the lump, excellent oncology radiologist, and excellent follow up with radiation and now tamoxifen. Now, they weren't exactly up to their elbows in blood, but I have sprayed blood on a nurse when I had my bleeding ulcer and I had great treatment on that occasion as well as others. I thank my doctors. At 70, I have too many to thank sometimes, but I still give thanks and keep going.

@ "Donna" and "Mara", excellent points from both of you, thanks!

Blessings on your Journey!

When you witness a "miraculous" cancer cure, all you have seen is one of the medical industries frequently missed diagnosis.

Don't thank god, thank for profit medicine, and them trying to make money off you. And failing to do so!!

• gasp

Cancer is always present,it never goes its nessecery for cell growth,the humans create an environment that cultivates malignant tumours not God,God wipe the behind of no one,self reliance is your goal on Earth.

God cured the cancer that humans caused.

What can be done for you, however, is a mystery.

• Mara

My mother used to say when she was working: "They thank god, and my colleagues and I had our hands up to our elbows in blood trying to help them."

• Donna

I'm in a plane crash. I survive, 243 die. Thank god for that.............

Your father, the Devil, is the one that gives out cancer. God is the one that

heals it.

sour sour sour