Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
Did the Senate kill the Veterans Jobs bill for 700,000 jobless Vets because it lacked the two key employment?
requirements to get those jobs as firemen, policemen and parks employees off the ground? Banning Gay-marriage and letting Churches deny Contraception Benefits to employees?
1) Without those key requirements I felt that the American Public wanted me fo vote against this bill
2) Unless that Phony Baloney Bill included anti-abortion ...well, it would have been Unconstitutional for me to vote for 700,000 Veterans Jobs....
3) I was in favor of it, until I was against it, and then for it, but voted against it...so clearly, I am on YOUR side of this issue...
4) I serve my country, from here in Washington and I feel your pain...$176,000 does not go as far as iit used to, staff wages are skyrocketing ever since I was caught with those illegal housekeepers and I HAVE to pay minimum wages to Americans.....so, we are one...together....
5) Jobs? You have your freedom....isn't that more important?....you don't pay the taxes, you can live under any bridge....YOU ARE FREE......all on account of me!....oh, wait...don't print that....
- fireflyLv 69 years agoFavorite Answer
Senate Republicans stopped the veterans jobs bill Wednesday by forcing a budget point of order vote.
Senate Majority Whip **** Durbin (R-Ill.) requested a motion to waive the budget point of order, which was raised by Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). Democrats needed 60 votes, but got only 58.
“This violates the Budget Control Act, there is no dispute about it,” Sessions said in a floor speech Wednesday. “The bill will not even go through the House and it violates the Constitution because it says revenue bills must be started in the House ... [and] this is a revenue bill.”
The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.
Sens. Scott Brown (Mass.), Susan Collins (Maine), Dean Heller (Nev.), Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) and Olympia Snowe (Maine) were the only Republicans who voted for the waiver, in a 58-40 vote.
“It’s clear that commonsense bipartisan legislation is being thwarted in this chamber over politics,” said Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), who sponsored the bill.
The $1 billion bill was to have paid for itself with new revenue over 10 years. Republican senators say the bill allows for more spending at the Veterans Administration than what was agreed to in the Budget Control Act, which is why they raised a point of order.
- ChuckLv 79 years ago
harry "ritz carlton" reid was mad that funding for his "Cowboy Poets" program was deleted from the jobs bill.
- 9 years ago
Their #1 job is to beat Obama....Not to make jobs.Source(s): Sen. Mitch
- pdoomaLv 79 years ago
Pork pork pork.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous9 years ago
no, it's because they didn't pay homage to Harry Reid