Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 8 years ago

What would you ask a Holocaust survivor?

If you were given the opportunity to meet with a Holocaust survivor what would you ask her/him? Would you ask for more details on his life and experiences? Would you ask about current events? What do you really want to know? What can we learn from him/her?

Favorite Answer

I actually did work at /in a hospital, and had a room full of four persons with the number on their forearms, and they talked all the time, while I was in there, changing beds, and doing my duties, and all I could think of asking them each was; May I get you anything you need, or want now? Really, I felt so bad, as well as shocked at what I heard, all that stuff was way before me, so it was my first exposure to those truths, and I was young, but believed what *they told each other, they were not lying. One wailed all the time for her husband killed in one of the camps, still and it was so *sad.

Source(s): One lady who was especially open to me, (room had 4 ladies all in 70's then I believe) she rolled up her sleeves and showed me the numbers on her inner fore arm, (the whiter area,) and I felt so bad for her.

so how many generations now do not have to work because of money you received. Big Fun hah?

Good at least you got Israel your living space. Big Fun hah!