Need tips for my SSD?

Hey guys so i just got myself a great gaming rig.

My question is,

I got a 120gb SSD, it has windows 7 installed on it.

From what i know, programs and games don't need to be in the SSD in order to benefit from it's performance.

So since windows 7 took around 40gb, should i just reduce it's partition size, and add about 70gb to the 1TB HDD I have?

To be honest, i prefer having the OS on it's own just in case i need to reformat and knowing windows 8 is coming out soon.

Any tips on what to do with the extra space in the SSD? Thanks!

Hey,

Thanks for the hate, I appreciate it.

Well I assumed since everything uses the operating system to run, it doesn't matter where you install the rest of the things.

So if you have your OS running fast, then every program runs fast.

well 40gb includes ms office... windows ultimate 64... and all them windows extras.

Anyways, The idea for putting the games I play most there sounds good!

But let's say I stop playing a game, and start another, can I just cut and paste to the HDD or do i have to uninstall them every time?

Thanks

Best Answer

>From what i know, programs and games don't need to be in the SSD in order to benefit from it's performance.

Programs and games DO NEED to be in the SSD in order to benefit from its performance. You may only want to install programs though, games will only load maps/levels faster.

Windows 7 doesn't take up 40 GB.

- If you have >=4 GB of RAM, disable page file.

- Make sure that TRIM is on, if your SSD supports it.

- Disable hibernation.

- Disable system restore.

- After installing SP1, clean up backup files with this command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded

• bokor

This finally relies on the scale of your SSD. SSD don't seem to be incredible as mass garage simplest because of there fee, with a few film media going into hundreds of thousands of GB's to retailer a unmarried unedited movie would fee an arm and a leg. General rule of thumb: Have your OS and all of your programs at the SSD first after which see how so much area you may have left. Also dont fail to remember that you want plenty of change area while rendering.

• n/a

"From what i know, programs and games don't need to be in the SSD in order to benefit from it's performance." Where the hell you get the retarded mess from? Obviously you don't know much

How can a program benefit from the SSD if it's not on the SSD?

If you wanted just the OS on your SSD then why buy a 120GB?

And noway in hell Win7 takes up 40GB

With all the updates and SP1 it still takes up not even 10GB

• Georg

You can't reformate an SSD like a HHD. Once the OS partetion is on a SSD it will stay there. And no you can not get SSD preformance with your OS and programes on a HHD by having an SSD as an extra drive.

• borhan

make two 60gb partition one is for os & other is for few games which take more load time