How to make sure jeans fit properly ... ?

I know it kinda sounds like a stupid question, but how can I make sure that jeans fit properly?

Really, it's just that whenever I wear my jeans, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to pull them all the way until my waist, or just let them rest on my hips. Can somebody please help me?

Favorite Answer

It depends on the rise of your jeans as to how far they will pull up. You would generally pull them up as far as they will go. If they have a mid-rise or natural waist then they'll come up to your bellybutton. If high rise they'll come up further than that and if lowrise they'll sit below and on your hips. If you intentionally wear them lower you will have a sagging crotch and it will fit funny.

Womens jeans should be fitted at the waist, hips, your butt and the rear seam should come up slightly between your cheeks. They should be fitted closely around your thighs and down to your knees. Below the knee the fit depends on the style. If skinny jeans, they'll fit close all the way down to your ankles. If bootcut, they be looser below the knees and rest partially over your shoes. If flare legged, they'll be much looser below your knees and will flare out to cover most or all of your shoes and usually drag on the ground a little.