Pokemon Soul Silver IV question?

Which IV stats should I focus on for my Mismagius(currently a Misdreavus)? I was consdierin creating a pokemon team that would be strong enough for wifi play, and I am thinking of making my Mismagius into a SP def tank with some special attack as well. Is this a good idea? Should I aim to find a Modest Mismagius with 31 SP Attack and decent (might not be perfect, because breeding is a pain) SP. Def IVs?

Breeding is so repetitive and I don't know if it is worth it, so I guess I'm looking for motivation to continue.

What are your experiences with Mismagius?

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/mismagius

Favorite Answer

Speed is most important for Mismagius, even if it's going to be a tank. After that, focus on HP. Mismagius' HP is low, so if you want to make a balanced tank, you should make sure this is at it's peak too. Breeding isn't as bad as it seems, with the Power Items you can breed for two 31's very easily (~4 eggs, ~8 if you want the right Nature too). A Mismagius should always be Timid (+Spe, -Atk), because that way it can Taunt or kill something before it has a chance to kill Mismagius. Its defenses aren't good enough to rely on its capability to take hits.

When I first started out trying to get good IVs, I caught mine in the wild with only one 31 IV, something I still regret. Try to focus on catching some good Ditto, then start breeding. Route 47 is perfect for this.

• Nancy

Yes, there are after you get the National Dex. I don't think you can catch Pokemon such as Glaceon and Leafeon, but save your Evevee and maybe you'll see the rock...