How can you get a masters of science in astronomy?

I'm in grade 11 and this is really interesting me but I don't know where to start. What grades would I need? Is there something else I need before I can apply to a program to get my masters of science in astronomy? Anything you know would be helpful :)

• eri
    Favorite Answer

What would you do with that? Pretty much all the jobs in astronomy require a PhD in astronomy, astrophysics, or physics. You'll need to earn a bachelors degree in physics before applying to any grad programs in astronomy, but there are very few terminal masters programs in astronomy simply because there's not much at all you can do with that degree. You need a minimum GPA of 3.0 in undergrad to get into grad school, but even lower ranked programs in astronomy/physics can and do expect a 3.5 or higher and research experience in college.

Source(s): astrophysicist

You're getting a little ahead of yourself. You'll need a bachelors in astronomy first.

After you get that (it will take 4 years) then you can get a master's degree.