Jon asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Where to eat dog meat in US?

Im korean and i like dog meat.but i move from korea to US and i want to know where to get that food here.sorry my engrish isnt gud

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 5
    7 years ago
    Best Answer

Yes, it's very illegal. Don't ever sell, buy, or eat dog meat.

In the US Under current laws it is illegal to publicly buy or publicly sell dog meat for human consumption....However depending on the laws of the State in which you reside it may be completely legal for a person to eat dog meat provided the animal was harvested in a human manor..

The eating of dog meat is more common in the US than most people think,many ethnic groups consider dog meat to be a delicacy..

There are numerous States that have an open hunting season on coyotes(wild dogs) in which if a person chooses to eat the animal it is completely legal..!!

• 6 years ago

It's not a food that is normally sold in America, we frown upon it. The only way you can legally obtain dog meat in America is if you either, hunt wild dog. You'll have to comply with state hunting regulations for that. You can also legally obtain dog meat on some Indian reservations. The only other way I can think of obtaining dog meat is by ordering it but, I don't know how well that works out. Also, remember that we our a culture that is brain washed into thinking that some animals are more important than others based on their species. I also don't condone eating dog since I am a very happy owner of a beautiful and loving boxer.

• 4 years ago

The US does not eat dog meat because the US is a country, not a living being. Nonliving entities typically don't have digestive systems that allow them to eat food.

• 7 years ago

Since the FDA is not licensing anyone to butcher and process dogs (and the exotic butchering is not covering a domestic animal like a dog) only individual restaurants would be offering something like that. They would do their own killing and processing.

The US doesn't look favorably on eating a domestic pet. Be prepared for a backlash. It's not acceptable to raise a pet and have someone kill it for food, or adopt from a shelter and kill it for food (that's gotten people here in our city jail time, they called it animal abuse and the judge agreed).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

The SPCA is an excellent source of Dog meat but it is expensive. I suggest trying to hunt your own dogs for free. Some of their natural habitats include your neighbors back yard. Dogs also like to gather in and around pet stores and Dog parks. You could breed some dogs and eat the offspring. puppy meat is much more exotic than old dog meat.

• You are ******* disgusting, shoot yourself now. This is the USA not some barbaric asian non civilized place.

• 7 years ago

No where that I am aware of

Any one who whine that's gross or what not and whines how its not acceptable to raise a pet and eat it, we eat cows and the like. Its the same thing. It really is. Cows and the like are just seen as livestock so in the eyes of society its all right to eat them but throw a fit when a culture eats something we consider pets, like horses.

Places like Pru they eat guinea pigs, they rise them like pets and treat hem well but they still eat them

• Domestic vs farm animals, it is not part of a civilized society to eat your pet, anyone who does that is nasty, ignorant and classless.

• 7 years ago

Hey, that's pretty good. Typing with a Korean accent. You should be aware of the fact that although some people speak with an accent, they don't actually type with an accent too.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Umm sorry bud you wont find any. Here in North America dogs are considered freinds and family.

• Deb
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Please tell me you didn't really just ask that....not only is your english not any "GUD" but neither is your taste in meat....OMG! THAT S JUST DISGUSTING AND HORRIBLE, You wouldn't want a cannibal to eat your meat, so why would you eat a poor defenseless dog. Eat some veggies, their good for you.

• 7 years ago

Go to a Korean or Chinese restaraunt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.