Baby name {SURVEY} -- please answer, quick and easy -- :-D?

This is an easy survey, you can't give one line answers if you like. Or you can give detailed answers. Please just answer each question without leaving any out. Thank you

Q1 : What do you think of the boys name Eleazar?

(Eleazar is an ancient Hebrew name meaning "God is my help". It is pronounced -el-ee-AY-zar- and is said to be a variant of the name Lazarus(also Hebrew).

Q2 : How long have you been on Y/A! and how frequent do you visit the Baby Name Section?

Q3 : How do you feel about the points,levels and Top Contributors statuses incorporated into the Y/A! system?

Q4 : What do you think of the girls name Eve Francesca?

Q5 : What are your favorite types of Q to answer in the Baby name section?

Q6 : What are your LEAST favorite Q to answer in the Baby name section?

Q7 : Do you ask more questions then you answer (or vise versa)?

Q8 : In 3 words (only) describe YOUR personal naming style.

Q9 : Who are 5 users in the Baby name section, that you can think of who have the SAME (or similar) naming styles as you?

Q10 : What do you think of the sib-set : Andrew Paul, Lydia Jane, Harlo Amanda and Grayson Connor?

Thanks a ton for answering.

• ?
    Best Answer

Q1: Eleazar...I can't say I'm very fond of the name, but it's definitely not the worst I've seen. It sounds and looks rather masculine and I like the fact that it's unusual. However, I think that it'd be a hard name to pull off. Not exactly my style, but I don't have anything against it. If you like it, then why not? Each to their own.

Q2: I joined on August 26th, 2010 so just over two years. I'm on the Baby Name Section all of the time; sometimes I just lurk and watch, but most of the time I try and give somewhat helpful, detailed answers, hence the Top Contributor badge :3

Q3: I like them! I like the idea of rewarding people who try hard to help others with a Top Contributors badge and the points/level system is great :) It's not competitive, either; like a race to get to the highest level, which I also like...

Q4: Eve is a simple, classic and traditional name that I used to love. Recently I have found myself going off of the name ever so slightly. It just doesn't hold the appeal it used to. I find it rather boring. Nonetheless, where I live it isn't used a lot and that makes me like it a little. It's definitely not the worst name I've seen. Francesca isn't bad; I actually adore the nickname Frankie. It's old-fashioned and a classic, too, but just too ordinary for my taste. Together, these names flow very well and match each other great.

Q5: The 'what would you name (insert number) children?' questions, where you have to a pick a name for each child. I find it fun. :)

Q6: When people ask 'What do you think of my favourite names?', list about fifty names, and ask us to give fully detailed answers. I don't know why, but it just bugs me.

Q7: I answer more questions. I only ask questions every so often.

Q8: Out-dated, old-fashioned and unusual.

Q9:

○ Mughain.

○ Arianwen.

...They're all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are more, but I just cannot remember. =/

Q10:

Andrew Paul: Very ordinary and slightly dull. Not bad; it's traditional and both names match together well, it's just too bland for my taste. Where I live, both names are very common and overused and therefore they just don't hold a lot of appeal.

Lydia Jane: I don't mind Lydia. It's not a favourite, but it is pretty and feminine. Although I find Jane to be a typical middle name, it holds a lot of meaning for me and for that reason I have formed a soft spot for it. It's a simple combination but very sophisticated.

Harlo Amanda: I don't like Harlo very much. The spelling looks illiterate and incomplete. Harlow is better, but I prefer it for a boy. It doesn't sound very feminine at all, and I fail to see the appeal in it. Amanda is nice; again, not a favourite but not the worst I've seen. Harlow Amanda flows well, but I don't think the two names match each other.

Grayson Connor: I don't mind Grayson. I don't particularly like it very much, but I don't hate it. It's not bad. Connor is an extremely common name where I live; I know so many people with this name that, because I've heard it so many times, I'm not too keen. Nonetheless, they do flow nicely and match each other well.

:)

• Teal

Q1: Not a huge fan. Hebrew names always look/sound extremely, well, foreign. As a middle name it's good but it's not one I would personally use.

Q2: Officially I have been on Y/A! since 2010, in practice I've mostly only been on here in this last year. I visit the baby name section every day!(it's terrible...)

Q3: The points are completely useless as far as I know and are only there to contribute to the addictiveness of this little social network. Again, I feel as if levels and Top Contributor statuses are just there to make us feel good about ourselves and keep us coming back. I personally have never gone beyond the limit set for level 1, I really didn't need the extra levels... That being said I love getting points :D

Q4: I'm not very fond of overtly biblical names. When I hear Eve all I can think of is creationism... Eve is very a very pretty, feminine name. Francesca is a very handsome name and makes a good middle name for something as pretty as Eve.

Q5: I really like Baby name games ^_^; only the really long detailed/complicated ones though, not the ones with names provided, the "name has to be four letters" types. Pretty sure that's "bad" or something but I find them extremely fun and love reading what other people put, I've found a couple names/combinations this way too. I also enjoy opinion questions, not just rating the names but the impression given by the name.

Q6: Bad grammar/misspelled/all caps/desperate/demanding questions. Not really a question so much as how it's phrased.

Q7: I answer way more questions than I answer! I really like points (even though they're useless) so I horde them. If i ask a question I have to answer at least three to get back my points :]

Q8: Strong, Lovely, uncommon.

Q9: I really don't know! I absolutely adore many of Mughain's, Mama Bear to Five's (I think she changed her name???), and Luisa's names. And that's all I can really remember ever going "wow" over, I'm sure there were more but I can't remember.

Q10: l love all those names, especially Grayson. I'm not too sure about Harlo as the first name, Amanda is such a lovely name and I feel that Amanda Harlo flows nicer and also fits with the "theme" of the rest of the sib-set.

Interesting survey, I liked it :)

Q1:

I'm not a fan at all. He'd have such trouble growing up with that name - always having to spell it and correct pronunciations!

Q2:

I made this account like 3 years ago but only started using it frequently in the last 2 months or so. I visit the baby name section multiple times a day.

Q3:

I think they're a great contribution, it adds a competitive and rewarding edge.

Q4:

I don't like it; it's too dated.

Q5:

Baby name games, such as "What would you name ___ children?"

Q6:

"Suggest a middle name for ____"

Q7:

I answer far more than I ask

Q8:

Modern conservative

Q9:

I actually can't think of any, I don't know many users

Q10:

Harlo and Grayson are trendy while Andrew and Lydia are classic. The names don't go together well and I personally don't like any of them.

Q1: I love the meaning behind it but I don't like the name.

Q2: I haven't been in long but the section I visit the most is the baby name section.

Q3: I enjoy the Yahoo! System but I'm new so I don't have very many points and have never been coined beat answer.

Q4: Eve Francesca is cute but Eva Franis is similar and also has a cute ring to it!

Q5: I like the survey but also enjoying specifically weather or not I like certain names.

Q6: I have answering prenacy questions: put them in the pregnancy and parenting questions.

Q7: I answer more than I ask.

Q8: family, nostalgic, vintage

Q9: I'm not sure because I don't really look at users names.

Q10: BIAS-- I hate a girl I know named Grayson so I'm not really fond of the name. Other than that I enjoy the rest except for Harlo. Is it a girl or boy name? Harlo sounds like a boy name but when put with Amanda it leads me to think it is a girl. So I don't like Harlo Amanda at all or the name Grayson. The others are cute!

--Answer : It's OK, although I must say I do prefer Lazarus over Eleazar. But that being said, Eleazar is still very funky and cool.

--Answer : Just under a year I believe, I used to frequent the Beauty section, but as of about 5 months ago I started frequenting the BNS.

--Answer : It's interesting, I don't get overworked about it, but I do think it makes the site more interesting and keeps people coming back.

--Answer : Love Francesca, Eve is just OK for me but it does go nicely as a combo.

--Answerin : Ones like this Q and others asking for middle name ideas, combo suggestions. Fill in the blanks, What do you think of this sib-set. types like that =)

--Answer : What do you think of this user, and "Wut du U tynk uvv da nayme Mykellah Rohwynne"

--Answer : I think it's about even.

--Answer : Classic, Vintage, Fresh.

--Answer : Saki, Gabriela Ana, Samantha*Ada and Ceilidh*, Mughain (I don't have 5)

Q10 : What do you think of the sib-set : Andrew Paul, Lydia Jane, Harlo Amanda and Grayson

Connor?

--Answer : It seems really random, there is traditional/classic names mixed with modern names. It's not awful though by any means. It actually kind of works.

1. Eleazar is a cool name! Never heard it before, but I love it and the way it sounds! :D

2. On and off for several years. I had an old account years ago but it got deleted. I just recently got back into the Baby Names section a few months ago! I visit once a day at least.

3. I like it but I don't think much of it. I don't really pay attention to other Top Contributors lol

4. I think it's cute!

5. Ones where I can actually put detail into it and not just say "yes I like that" or "no I don't" . . . I hate easy answers!

6. The ones where people ask about using boy names on girls AND the ones that are questions about particular names that the asker obviously has not done research on!

7. I answer waaaay more than I ask!

8. For girls: Unique, elegant, intelligent

For boys: Masculine, traditional, strong

9. I have no idea. I don't pay attention to other users very much.

10. I like them all except I don't like Harlo spelled that way it looks weird. Andrew Paul & Lydia Jane are super cute and I like Grayson Connor but I'd spell it Greyson! :)

• Hannah

Q1: I like eleazar, but i'd probably shorten it to Eli

Q2: A few years, not sure how many. Every few weeks :)

Q3: I like it, i guess i dont really think about it

Q4: I LOVE the name Eve :) and Francesca is cute too, they sound good together.

Q5: Baby Name Games, Surveys, Polls, Pick 2 names to delete

Q6: The ones with ridiculous spellings like Khloiee instead of Chloe

Q7: I answer more than i ask

Q8: Pretty, sometimes biblical

Q9: I dont know... Witchpants? I dont know of any others

Q10: Lydia Jane is what i'm calling my daughter. So i love it. Andrew Paul is ok, but i don't like the others

1) It reminds me of Eleanor, so it seems a bit feminine to me. But that's okay, it's still a beautiful name, that seems classy and has a nice meaning.

2) I've been on Y A! for a long time, probably four years? And I visit the Baby Name section probably four or five times a week, whenever I have nothing to do, or I'm procrastinating.

3) I actually like the points, but not the levels so much. I think we should all get to answer as many questions as we want and so on. Top Contributors is nice I suppose.

4) I love it. I love Francesca, and Eve is cute. I like the length of the two names, they compliment each other.

5) I like the questions that ask for your personal taste on names or the 'name x amount of kids with these names'.

6) I dislike the questions that are about names I dislike, like Bailey or Chloe, I just don't like giving negative opinions.

7) I definitely answer more questions than I ask. I rarely ask, and I answer a lot.

8) Changes a lot. (Currently: classic, sweet, rising)

9) ღKαуlee Lуηηღ ♡

Char ღ among the archives =)

♥ℇℓℓe ϻαrᎥe♥

Charlotte

Michelle

10) I love Andrew Paul, I love Harlo Amanda and Grayson Connor. I also love Jane, and Lydia is cute, but not my favourite.

1: Personally, I find it unpleasant and would never use it regardless of what it means.

2: I've been here since May of 2010 and visit it daily because I have a weird obsession with names!

3: I think it's okay? I believe that some of the top contributors shouldn't be because they leave rude and unnecessary comments.

4: Don't really like either of the names, especially not together! The middle name takes away from the simple yet pleasant first name!

5: These! I love the Baby Games & This or That the most!

6: When people ask stupid questions or when the names they truly are considering using for their child is absolutely repulsive... I refuse to answer, out of respect.

7: I think it's fairly equal.. it depends on the day. If people aren't asking the questions I'm looking for then I'll ask some.

8: Unique, Uncommon & Cute.

9: All of them are fairly pleasant except Harlo!

1. I don't really like that, sorry

2. maybe around 2 years or a bit less, and I visit this section everyday or evey other day

3. i really don't have an opinion

4. Eva Francesca is an alright name, it isn't my style

5. Baby names games, this or that, and things like it

6. I don't really like to suggest names all that often

7. no I answer much more questions, but I do ask a lot

8. Trendy, Traditional, and Sweet

9. I don't memorize users

10. I love/like every name there except Lydia. Andrew is one of my top boys names, Harlo is very pretty except I like to spell it Harlow, Grayson is nice as well.