how can our population be growing when the birth rate has been about 1.6 children per woman since the 1980s?

b. List two factors that likely to contribute to Canada's relatively low birth rate of about 1.6 children per woman and describe how each factor can affect the birth rate.

Favorite Answer

> how can our population be growing when the birth rate has been about 1.6 children per woman since the 1980s?

births + immigration > deaths + emigration.

Guess what? Lots of people who were born before the 1980s aren't dead yet!

b.

1. Availability of contraception. Duh.

2. Delaying having children because of postsecondary education, then because of building a career, then because of waiting for financial security, then because of divorce...

yeah. I got an email from one of my high school classmates saying that she'd been too busy with her job to have children.

What was her job? Helping her husband with a couple of sports magazines that he published.

I think the world would be a better place if she'd had a couple of kids instead of making material that ends up on the bottom of bird cages.

Lol is that your homework? :p anyway I will try to help you with your question.. The canadian birth rate might be 1.6 children per woman but don't forget how many immigrants are coming to canada every year... In other poor countries, they have a lot of kids, and when they come here, that what makes the difference in the population growth...

As for your other question, one of the factors that affect that low birth rate (only my opinion) is work... People are always working and they don't have time for family, so they are unlikely to have kids...

I also think that canadian lost that family spirit and prefer to do other things than raise a family, like travel and try new things...

I find this kind of sad since canada have a lot of helping programs for families with a low income to help with the kids, and their education etc...

I hope I helped