Why is suicide considered bad and selfish?

I mean what if god wanted you to die at that time so your death was really god saving you from the darkness that is your life? An why is it so bad that I want to end the never ending depression and suicidal thoughts?

Favorite Answer

Let's clear something up right now.

Suicide is NOT weak or selfish. Suicide is the natural culmination of events when pain experienced outweighs resources for combatting pain. The idea that suicide is fundamentally weak or selfish, or that someone who is considering suicide is broken or somesuch nonsense is perhaps the most damaging misconception of mental health in the world. God has nothing to do with it.

Remember, suicide is a very permanent solution to very temporary problems. You can get through it, no matter how dark your life may seem. There are mechanism in place to assist you. You are not weak or selfish for considering suicide, though I cannot recommend you pursue this course of action.

Please call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This number is for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. They will connect you to someone in your area who is prepared to help you in any way you need it. They will be able to connect you to resources you need to get through whatever your problems may be.

Honorability is the best way of the warrior in fight, its once they recognize they will die and inclined to make a sacrifice for the larger excellent. I suppose the phrase suicide used to be the Western slant placed on it however please ask your elders the true that means and i'm sure you'll be extraordinarily enlightened. There is a saying and that i can't consider who its from however they say Its is better to die a warrior than a coward. Suicide is viewed egocentric seeing that of the sorrow and affliction for those left in the back of and the first-class potential the person did not have the risk to show or categorical to the sector. For religious and religious functions lifestyles is a reward to be treasured now not a trouble to be solved.

Suicide is considered easy because death ends your problems without you having to resolve them in a right way, it's better just to deal with the problem itself and work through it rather than ending your life over a problem. Just work through it, do the best you can, and get a nice group of friends and family to talk about problems with. Get professional help if needed and go on medication of necessary, you'll make it soon enough.

I think it is consitered cowerdly because someone who kills themself is not solving the problem correctly. There are people who have it worse than those who commit suicide. If you are being bullied and nobody likes you then ignore them and actually try to make friends instead of sitting in the corner of your room crying. (this comes from personal expirience) And I think it is selfish because if you kill yourself then many people around you will suffer. The peole around you wil be scared for life. Some of the bullies (if you were being bullied) will be to. Maybe they deserve it but still. God doesn't want you to end your life early because he has plans for you. I don't thin God would intentionally make you hurt yourself.

it's not selfish. it's because you don't know how to cope with your feelings and it's nothing wrong to feel this way. People who hasn't suffered from chronic depression don't know how terrible this is. I don't mind ending my life but I am scared of failed attempts. earth is overpopulated anyway. I should die since I don't want to live this predictable boring life.

First of all, God would not want that.

Second, it is considered selfish and cowardly because there are people that love you and don't want you to commit suicide, and cowardly because that is the easy way out of your problems, the true way is to be brave and face your fears and problems and overcome them!

• lolit

suicidal tendencies are surely sign of weak ness due to depression or low self esteem .you have to elevate your self worth . self value so that at least you desire to live in this beautiful earth . we are created molecules so as to participate the feelings of living . suicidal is bad thing put it in your mind .

You are taking death into your own hands and inflicting it upon yourself, not to mention the pain and suffering associated with loss that your friends/family will have to endure from your death.

Your just thinking about you not the after effect it will have in your family. Just pray to God and ask him to show you the right way

yes