What's Ohio like?

I'm writing a story and thinking of setting it there - what are the teenagers like? Do they accept all races and sexualities? Do they prefer stick-thin, curvy, or medium-sized girls? Are cheerleaders more admirable, or socialites? Or is it different for every person? Are mixed people accepted fully?

Also, what are the schools like?

Five stars for best answer, thank you :)

• Hannah
    Favorite Answer

Ohio's teenagers are just like teenagers everywhere else. When to comes to mixed kids, it probably depends on the city/town/neighborhood where it's taking place.

Google the city you want the story to take place and city data. City data shows the average income of the city compared to the rest of the state, as well as the racial makeup, how many people in that area have graduated highschool, college whatever as well as employment demographics, crime statistics, etc.

I've used city data to write some of my stories where I can to find a perfect neighborhood :P

Schools also depends on the area. Look up the school in schooldigger. That's a REALLY good website that shows everything to test scores compared to other schools in the state, to how many students of each race attend.

I got stuck living in Ohio. The schools are pretty much the same as other schools. You also have to understand that every season is really crazy. The summer is blazing hot and the winters are cold and snowy. Its pretty depressing in Ohio altogether. There are no jobs and a lot of homeless people. Good place for teenagers in a book though because the sadness (for lack of a better word).

• Leann

I live in Ohio.

It's like living in Indiana, Iowa, Virginia, Pennsylvania, etc.

Not terrible not great.