Emailing Professor about calling me out during Presentation?

Today during my presentation in University in front of about 60 of my fellow classmates I was presenting my SWOT analysis about a Johnson and Johnson and I brought up the fact that they had acquired a share of pfizer which would help increase their market share. He stopped me right there and said Pfizer ? No, I dont believe that at all. In a very rude manner. I get kind of nervous when presenting in front of huge groups like that so I was already shaky plus I have a minor cold and after calling me out like this it kind of really lead to a downturn in the rest of my presentation.

I knew I was right and have found numerous scholarly references proving the take over in 2006 of their health care unit. I would really like to email him and show him the links. However, Im not very sure how to word it. I want to tell him how embarrassed I felt and it was unnecessary for him to make that comment. But I still want to be polite as he will be marking my final exam soon and all I want is an apology. Any advice on how to write a email?

Thanks

Best Answer

Nooooooo. He was just trying to see if you had some balls and could stand on your own two feet. You don't want to come off like a ***** for telling him how it made you feel. He certainly doesn't owe you an applogy. Chalk it up to a learning experience and next time be prepared to back up what you are saying DURING your presentation (not in an email afterwards). He was testing you to see how you would respond. Let's just say the sniveling didn't help your case. You need to work on your confidence level.

So don't express your feelings or share the links to back up your statement in an email. You can follow up with him in an adult conversation, (because you come across as a seventh grade girl) ask him what he thought about your statement in regards to Pfizer. By all means the conversation should not involve your feelings or demands for an apology. He is not there to coddle you but to teach you. Apparently you have a lot to learn.

• David

Don't do it.