Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Finding vegetarian meals in Peru?

How easy/hard is it to find vegetarian (can include eggs and dairy, but not meat, fish or poultry) meals in Lima, Cuzco, and other areas of Peru?

Would it be best to buy food from market stores and make my own meals? Or is vegetarian food easy enough to find?

I've read online about the popular cuisine I am hoping to hear from other vegetarians who've traveled to Peru and/or locals who are most familar with the options.

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

You wont have a problem veggie plates. We have more than 3800 varieties of potatoes as well as corn. Fruit is so cheap and now a days restaurants are incorporating new veggie dishes since it is becoming a trend in Peru. If you have any more questions ask me. Im from Peru ;)

You should have no problems finding vegetarian whatsoever fare in Lima and Cuzco/Machu Picchu and there will be vegetarian options in any area where you find foreign tourists.