Any final day 1 breeders cup thoughts?

The coach D. Wayne Lukas got it done!! Nice ride by Rajiv Maragh IMO. I thought P.VAL put a bad ride on Merit Man and I thought P.Val could've blocked the rail for High Tail but didn't

Calidoscopio the Argentinan wins the Marathon. Great to see with Aaron Gryder get it done and he's really been a good rider over the years.

Flotilla wins the JUV. FILLIES TURF!! I thought there were troubled trips for both Sky Lantern and Spring Venture the 2 favorites in here. Flotilla was the euro in here and looked amazing winning.

Wow!! Beholder lone speed the oldest trick in the book in that JUVENILE FILLIES!! Executiveprivlege drifted out and needs more experience to be better and run straight. Kauai Katie should've ran in the Juv. Sprint in the 1st place. Dreaming of Julia used her Frizette as running it hard since she had to earn it. Kind of disappointing that Spring in the Air didn't win and certainly may not be a regular dirt horse. I think the 2 year old filly division is a bit tough because Beholder won it and Executiveprivilege didn't win but she did more than Beholder in stakes wise. So it'll be interesting to see what the voters decide. Executiveprivilege IMO is learning how to run and will get better with each and every start. Give credit to Garrett Gomez for being lone speed on Beholder. Nice to Richard Mandella getting it done.

Nice to see Zagora getting it done in that Filly & Mare Turf. Troubled trips I must say for both The Fuge and Ridasiyna. This time Zagora got a patient ride by Javier Castellano unlike his rider in the Flower Bowl by moving too soon that day but finally got the patient trip.

Royal Delta looked amazing winning it and she did it doing it lone speed. Nice run by both My Miss Aurelia and the CA runner Include Me Out. I think Royal Delta has secured the Older Female division but will have to see at the end of the weekend to see if she is strong enough to be in talk for Horse of the Year. The 3 year old filly division is wide open because Questing didn't bring her A-Game and My Miss Aurelia both of them being at Saratoga. My Miss Aurelia beat her in the G1 Cotillion. So interesting to see if MMA wins the award on just one G1 win I hope Questing is doing okay after her being eased in that Ladies Classic. Disappointing that Awesome Feather lost and didn't bring her A-game and the same for Love and Pride too.

Nice to see Mike Smith pass by Jerry Bailey and his all-time win record for Breeders Cup wins. In all of his wins came in the original BC races. A living legend in Mike Smith IMO.

Garrett Gomez ride on Beholder was the best ride of the Friday action.

Great TV coverage over the 2 days by both the Breeders Cup Simulcast Show and NBC Sports and the NBC Sports Network alone. Nice commentary on the Simulcast show by the HRTV group of Jeff Siegel, Richard Migliore, Kurt Hoover, Brad Free, Caton Bredar, Joanne Jones, Jon White, Fanny Salmon, Carolyn Conley, and Aaron Vercruysse. Then on NBC by Laffit Pincay, Gary Stevens, Randy Moss, Jerry Bailey, Mike Battaglia, Donna Barton Brothers, Jay Privman, and Nick Luck.

Favorite Answer

Day 1 was interesting..One of my favorite moments was when Royal Delta/Mike Smith took control after an early scramble for the lead and never looked back en route to a strong victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Ladies' Classic. With that win Mike Smith broke Jerry Bailey,( while watching) all-time win record for Breeders Cup wins was epic. Also, awesome run by My Miss Aurelia, she's another favorite of mine that I watched all year.

Nice write up Ernie. :)

Mike Smith became the winningest jockey in the 29-year history of the Breeders' Cup when he guided Royal Delta to victory over My Miss Aurelia and Include Me Out in the $2 million Ladies' Classic on Friday at Santa Anita.

Very unhappy that Brown Almighty failed to win the BC Juvenile Turf, he used to be within the lead, but bought pinched for some odd intent.? Groupie Doll certainly was in a class of her own for the period of the Filly & Mare sprint, shes one of the crucial first-class feminine sprinters there's ever been, no question. Love her. Tapizar out ran the leisure when Shack just about fell on his head. I hope Shackleford has a protracted & quality retirement. Mizdirection had an superb jockey. Mike Smith has a technique with the females.! (Mizdirection, Royal Delta, Zenyatta.) Shanghai Bobby is my favourite two 12 months old. & traditionally one among my favorite horses on the whole. He has a significant heart thats for certain. He'd under no circumstances raced two turns until in these days, & still received the race. I hate how everybody calls him "Uncle Mo" or "Union Rags" announcing he'll fizzle out with time. I consider he'll simply maintain getting higher. Every person mentioned Secretariat could not go the distance, we all know how that turned out. I am surprised Little Mike did not have the lead from the commencing honestly. Nevertheless it was once very spectacular how he beat St. Nicholas Abbey & point of Entry. Very deserving of the Male Turf title, after his win in these days & within the Arlington Million. Trinniberg confirmed how good of a sprinter he is, beating Coil & Amazombie. I was very impressed. Shrewd Dan is just a monster. But when the space had been more than a mile, he would have got here in second. Animal Kingdom came up out of nowhere & was once proper on him. I was once confident that may occur after his lengthy ruin. I really like Animal Kingdom, & very happy that his connections are going to hold racing him at 5.! The classic really made me unhappy. You might inform that GOD simply failed to need to race today. I'm uncertain if the jockey swap had something to do with it, however it will. He was once certainly used to Chantal. Nevertheless it just wasn't intended to be, despite the fact that i love sport on Dude so much. Fortress Larned evidently used to be the exceptional horse available in the market in these days, & deserved his win. Mucho Macho Man practically caught him though.! My first-rate journey of the day is between Brian Hernandez Jr & Ramon Dominguez. This BC was simply stuffed with surprises. I still don't like Bob Baffert though. Certainly not.